megs

Why chaturanga and handstands are impossible to me

2 posts in this topic

hi. I have been searching for tips to nail handstand but I cannot do it its been quite a few months. I have tried with wall support but whenevr I push my legs away from the wall, I cant find the balance and fall. That is about handstand if anyone has any tips please share! 

And chaturanga seeems such an easy pose as a matter of fact most people in my yoga class can do it but not me!! Why?

Don’t worry about what you can’t do, celebrate what you can (that’s what Yoga is all about).

Most likely I’ll bever be able to do a handstand, but I will continue to work on the foundation. 

As far as chattaranga, try it on your knees, put blocks where your shoulders are supposed to come down to.  

Keep working, after a year of convincing myself I couldn’t do it, I forgot that I couldn’t, and can now do it (although it’s not quite ready for Instagram).

It takes time, but remember, yoga is about the progress, not the results. 

Ive been working on crow for almost two years and can now stay up for five to ten breaths.

It’s not easy, but you’ll be surprised by your accomplishments if you continue working.