Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CurlyYogaNewbie

How did you commit to the mat?

3 posts in this topic

Hello there,

I started practicing yoga at home recently and I find it very hard doing it on regular basis (at least two/three times a week).

How did you commit to regular yoga practice?

Yogis who feel like me, please let me know. It'll be nice to know I'm not alone :)

Meital  

I guess it depends on your personality. Folks with addictive personalities tend to get into patterns, including exercise schedules. Others don't.

I've never been a regular, but after noticing how great I feel...and how much I enjoy the classes, I now practice every day. Practicing at home requires more motivation...at a club or studio is easier as you start to develop friendships and look forward to seeing the people

It's funny that you ask this question because sometimes I think, "Yea, I like yoga, just not enough to fully commit," yet every day there I am doing pigeons, forward folds and definitely log pose to keep my legs limber and out of pain and I definitely have a "horseback yogi routine" on Wednesdays.

So am I committed to the mat then? I can't tell you. I probably spend all of two-five minutes doing it, but it makes my legs feel better. But, I am finally doing the one thing I've always said I couldn't commit to (and @LarryD517 has seen me type it 101 times) and I'm finally going to a yoga studio to try a lesson. With a real life teacher. Yea. XD