oliviabauer

Lululemon

7 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, 

My name is Olivia Bauer and I'm doing a research project on Lululemon products/brand and I just want some feedback on what you all think of them!

Male or female can answer, Good and bad feedback is welcome! 

oliviabauer likes this

Hi Olivia,

I am a 30 year old male. For me I will only wear Lululemon boxers and socks. I am a bit picky about socks and underwear. I have been exclusively wearing them for about 9-10 years. Early on the quality of the underwear was great. They were durable and very comfortable. As of the last 3-4 yrs I have seen a huge drop off in quality. The boxers rip very easily on the inner thighs and you can feel how thin and cheap the boxers have become. I have been wanting to find a new brand to switch to that hasn't compromised their quality. 

The socks are not quite the same quality either, but the drop off isn't as bad as the boxers over the last 9 years or so. I like the low ankle style, but I absolutely hate the style with the extra thick flap on the back heal covering the achilles tendon. That style never seems to stay up and slides down. (not snug enough) 

In my opinion Lululemon makes good products but they used to be better quality. In the last few years I am slowly changing my opinion of the company and will be looking to purchase another company for socks and underwear once I find one I like.  :43:

Hi there! I used to love Lululemon's quality - their old wunder unders were my go-to for teaching and practicing yoga in because they were opaque and durable. These days I find their quality has dropped significantly. The colors fade after a few washes, and the fabric for leggings is thin and not the same blend as their old "luon". 

I always hear from everyone about how the quality has dropped over the years. I always find that the pants are see-through when I try out a downdog in the fitting room. I have also noticed that the bra inserts they have for the shirts have become very thin and easily squished/creased which makes them look weird through the shirt :( But I feel that the shirts alone are too thin to wear without an insert, I prefer more coverage.

But I love the yoga mat!

I discovered Lululemon in 2012. During a trip to DC, I noticed that a lot of girls were wearing super cool looking yoga pants and crops (I'm from Europe). My local friend told me that it was all Lululemon, and that was it: I own 3 pair of yoga pants and 2 long-sleeve tops. What stood out to me about this brand primarily were the sleek and sophisticated designs and colors of their pants - you can't get anything like that in Europe, in my opinion. None of the 3 pants I own have the "sheerness issue", and I think their quality is very good. I love how tailored they are - they make the butt look awesome! (For the record, I saw a pair of "old luon" pants at a friend's house that were bought years ago, and the quality is vastly different from what I own. So I do believe it when people say the quality has declined).

The tops seem always much too small. 

Meugenio likes this

The tops seem always much too small. 

I agree; the tops and bras are way too small. I know my size and, when I went to try a bra on, it definitely didn't fit and wasn't true to size.