Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
YogaByCandace

Yoga Class Pet Peeves?

54 posts in this topic

^ugh biggest pet peeve ever UNLESS the instructor is stepping on my mat to adjust me, and often in that case, the instructor is approaching with ease, a gentleness and grace which I know sounds weird but to me is totally different than just stomping on through to get to the other side of the room.

She was stomping through...it was at the end of a class of seven in a room that can accommodate 25 or more. it would have taken 1.75 seconds longer to walk around...it's funny, since she's the most spiritual of all the club's instructors

EricaKaye likes this

Larry, that would bother me! If it were a crowded space and she had limited options to move around I would be understanding, but in an open space? No! I happen to be a fairly territorial person though so maybe other people don't find it as offensive or have such strong personal space boundaries. I feel like my mat space is an extension of myself. It's my own little island! It makes it hard to address when it is the instructor as opposed to another student. I probably wouldn't say anything to her unless it became a regular occurrence. What did you do? 

Walking on mats was a big issue at the studio where I practice. The students from the next class would push into the room as soon as the instructor opened the door at the end of our class. We were all in our nice zenned out stupor from savasana and the next group would come stampeding in, trampling across our mats every.single.night. GRR!  The instructor finally had to wait until we were all completely ready to file out to open the doors because so many people were upset by it! 

...What did you do? ...

Well, it wasn't mine, so I didn't do anything. I usually have a (very) big mouth, but in this instance, I held my tongue. If it were mine, I'd say something. 

EricaKaye likes this