YogaByCandace

Youtube Video Request

144 posts in this topic

I wouldn´t want you to think that there´s nothing left to do a video of ;)  So a few ideas/requests:

Some of the things, that are the focus of the 15 minutes-videos would be nice to have in a longer version. Specifically I would love something along the lines of the "for athletes" and "for runners" and a longer good morning-video. 

I also like the "how to"-videos, that break down a posture. When you´re not all that experienced, it´s nice to practise a pose before trying to follow along in a flow. So feel free to do more of those  :)

I´m really excited about this forum too!

Arm balances would be fab! I am teaching a stronger class than my normal ones (it is cover) and due to an elbow injury, I don't practice as many arm balances as I would like so any tips and tricks would be great! Thank you :) 

I would love a video of coming into dancers pose with a mermaid variation and with both hands reaching back for the foot.  Or is there already and I just didn't find it?  I am working on it with pigeon pose but am really struggling in dancers pose, I think it is a balance problem/figuring out the logistics of how to do it without faceplanting into the wall (ya...That happened in class haha)

YogaByCandace and Turi like this

I would love a video of coming into dancers pose with a mermaid variation and with both hands reaching back for the foot.  Or is there already and I just didn't find it?  I am working on it with pigeon pose but am really struggling in dancers pose, I think it is a balance problem/figuring out the logistics of how to do it without faceplanting into the wall (ya...That happened in class haha)

That´s just especially unfair with such an elegant pose as dancers!  :ph34r:

If you don't have one already, I would love a longer video focused on opening all areas of the hips (flexors, IT, glutes, groin etc) and hamstrings. I have extremely tight hips and a sacrum that likes to slide out of place so I would love a focused video working on getting more flexibility in those areas! They're what limit a lot of my physical practice in classes. 

Meugenio, Lorelei, Turi and 2 others like this

Not a video request, but a post request: Can you do more of the "Common Mistakes in --- Pose" posts? I can't tell you how helpful it is to have those visuals in my mind during my practice! I particularly like how they're photos with all the little arrows--it really helps me see the differences between the correct pose and the less-correct version, and I like that I can really look at the picture for a while, rather than a video that keeps moving.

Thanks so much, Candace! I recommend your blog constantly!!

Jasmine, Laura, Turi and 2 others like this

Not a video request, but a post request: Can you do more of the "Common Mistakes in --- Pose" posts? I can't tell you how helpful it is to have those visuals in my mind during my practice! I particularly like how they're photos with all the little arrows--it really helps me see the differences between the correct pose and the less-correct version, and I like that I can really look at the picture for a while, rather than a video that keeps moving.

Thanks so much, Candace! I recommend your blog constantly!!

Yes! I love doing these! 

Turi and Jasmine like this

I know this is specific, but I would really love a yoga video for soccer. I'm trying to get my whole team to do yoga because it cuts down on injury and it's done wonders for me, and I want it to be really beneficial to our sport. If it has to be for athletes in general, I understand. It is a very specific request but I'm curious if there is such a sequence out there. 

I know this is specific, but I would really love a yoga video for soccer. I'm trying to get my whole team to do yoga because it cuts down on injury and it's done wonders for me, and I want it to be really beneficial to our sport. If it has to be for athletes in general, I understand. It is a very specific request but I'm curious if there is such a sequence out there. 

Hi!! Tell me what specifically soccer players need. I imagine it's a lot like what runners need (if not the same). If it's the same, you may want to pass this one along to your teammates: Post Run Yoga Sequence - YouTube

Hi Candace

I would love to see a shortish video (20 mins) that can be done whilst on holiday. Obviously it would be lovely to take ALL your extensive videos on holiday but realistic practising them all is not going to happen. So I was looking for a simple/straight forward yoga practice that can be done daily whilst still enjoying the holidays.

Thanks

Turi, Vanyogalife and YogaByCandace like this

Hi Candace,

I would love to get some inspiration fior yoga playlists. I am at the beginning of my teaching and always looking for cool surprising music, away from the traditional indian yoga songs...thank you!!!

I´ve seen in instagram that you are/ have been in Germany recently. Any plans on doing workshops? Where? Would love to join one of your classes!

Thanks

YogaByCandace and Vanyogalife like this

Hi Candace,

I would love to get some inspiration fior yoga playlists. I am at the beginning of my teaching and always looking for cool surprising music, away from the traditional indian yoga songs...thank you!!!

I´ve seen in instagram that you are/ have been in Germany recently. Any plans on doing workshops? Where? Would love to join one of your classes!

Thanks

Hi Angie, send an email to lauren at yogabycandace dot com to let me know where you are, and where you're willing to travel. Some workshops and weekend retreats are planned/being planned but I don't want to clutter up your email every time something new is finalized :) As for playlists, I have a couple listed here, and we have a

Vanyogalife likes this

I would really like some videos on teaching kids yoga. I have 2 kids 6 and 4 and they like to join in but I would like kids specific videos! Although they both love doing headstands with me holding their legs!!!

I would really like some videos on teaching kids yoga. I have 2 kids 6 and 4 and they like to join in but I would like kids specific videos! Although they both love doing headstands with me holding their legs!!!

Yes! That would be fun. I do some basic yoga with my 8 year old before he hops into bed hoping it will help him get to sleep faster. It never does, of course  :lol:  but we have fun. I'd love it if he got into some more yoga with me.

YogaByCandace likes this

Yes! That would be fun. I do some basic yoga with my 8 year old before he hops into bed hoping it will help him get to sleep faster. It never does, of course  :lol:  but we have fun. I'd love it if he got into some more yoga with me.

I'll do a post on this - my niece and nephew love yoga.. And when I get back to the states and see them in March maybe I'll shoot a yoga for kids video :)

Hi,

so I recently realised that part of why I always seem to have problems with my hips is because I have a lazy butt!!!  :lol:  :3:

Well that´s a little sad and a lot of funny... but seriously, I am overusing my hip flexors, because I don´t use muscles on my backside, when I should be. So I think a video targeting butt and maybe the back of the legs would be great - I need to wake up those lazy bastards!  :23: