YogaByCandace

Youtube Video Request

144 posts in this topic

Not technically a yoga request, but I loved the circuit workout you posted on Instagram a few months ago (right before you came back to the US, I think). It is just a little tricky to follow along with the 15 second limit they put on videos! I've written down the order to do on my own but it would be awesome to have a short video showing the workout in real time! 

Thanks for all the amazing videos you share with us! 

YogaByCandace and Laura like this

Hi Candace , after practicing for 5 months I still can't do the wheel pose any better , while other poses are getting better.
can I ask for a vedio that works on opening the armpits,upper arms and upper back??? video that works specially on wheel pose and its variation????
so that i can practice it much often with other videos .
thanks a lot for your efforts , with appreciation to you and your team. :30:  :smileys-flowers-719593:  

https://instagram.com/p/4RMi4XBRFr/

YogaByCandace, Vicky and mimisouth like this

Hi Candace, i would like a video for the back and sholders and winding down/meditate, since my back aches from breastfeeding, carrying a cot and a six month old baby. And since caring for a child can sometimes be stressful ans i need a little time to groun mysslf. Its got to be short like 20-30 min because longer than that is hard to do while caring for baby. It could be a before bed session. You get the idea. Thanks

YogaByCandace likes this

Hey Candace – I was wondering if you are going to make (or have already made and I just cant find them) videos for pre and post workouts.

Or would the pre and post run videos you've made work just as well? 

Thanks! 

YogaByCandace likes this

Hi Candace , after practicing for 5 months I still can't do the wheel pose any better , while other poses are getting better.

can I ask for a vedio that works on opening the armpits,upper arms and upper back??? video that works specially on wheel pose and its variation????

so that i can practice it much often with other videos .

thanks a lot for your efforts , with appreciation to you and your team. :30:  :smileys-flowers-719593:  

https://instagram.com/p/4RMi4XBRFr/

Hi! It's a little hard to tell from the angle of the photos but it looks like a little bit of compression is going on in the middle of the back (could also be the shirt though), and it looks like you might have tight hip flexors...but the shoulders/arm pit area looks pretty good when you're up in wheel. Sure, they could be a bit more open, but it honestly looks good there - so I have a feeling (and again, this is just a feeling from looking at the one photo) that your issue might be more hip flexor area rather than chest. So I'd suggest incorporating pigeon pose (the first part - not the one where you lay forward) into your practices as much as you can. You can also follow along to this video and this video. And this video I created specifically for wheel pose but it mostly works upper back and like I said, I think you may need to focus on the hip flexors, but wouldn't hurt! Let me know if that helps! 

Hi Candace, i would like a video for the back and sholders and winding down/meditate, since my back aches from breastfeeding, carrying a cot and a six month old baby. And since caring for a child can sometimes be stressful ans i need a little time to groun mysslf. Its got to be short like 20-30 min because longer than that is hard to do while caring for baby. It could be a before bed session. You get the idea. Thanks

Hi! Here are a few that may be helpful: 30 minute gentle yoga and meditation, low back and hips video, 30 min feel good yoga (works upper back). And here's a five minute meditation to center yourself. :)

justforyoga likes this

Hey Candace – I was wondering if you are going to make (or have already made and I just cant find them) videos for pre and post workouts.

Or would the pre and post run videos you've made work just as well? 

Thanks! 

Yes, the pre/post run videos would work, but I made this one specifically as a pre-workouts warm up although I didn't actually promote it that way. For post workout, I like this restorative chill out sequence. Great idea, though, to start creating videos specifically for working out - I'm going to get on that! Thanks! 

Jake likes this

Hi! It's a little hard to tell from the angle of the photos but it looks like a little bit of compression is going on in the middle of the back (could also be the shirt though), and it looks like you might have tight hip flexors...but the shoulders/arm pit area looks pretty good when you're up in wheel. Sure, they could be a bit more open, but it honestly looks good there - so I have a feeling (and again, this is just a feeling from looking at the one photo) that your issue might be more hip flexor area rather than chest. So I'd suggest incorporating pigeon pose (the first part - not the one where you lay forward) into your practices as much as you can. You can also follow along to this video and this video. And this video I created specifically for wheel pose but it mostly works upper back and like I said, I think you may need to focus on the hip flexors, but wouldn't hurt! Let me know if that helps! 

Hi! Here are a few that may be helpful: 30 minute gentle yoga and meditation, low back and hips video, 30 min feel good yoga (works upper back). And here's a five minute meditation to center yourself. :)

Hi, thanks again , I already do the pigeon but i will focus on it much more , and yes I feel a  compretion in the low back while doing wheel pose , I worked on opening the chest and shoulder so the completion became much less than before but still it doesn't feel good , OK , so I'll work on my hip flexors and let u know later .. :0:  :0:  

YogaByCandace likes this

Hi Candace! I love your videos and blog. Thank you for being such an inspiration. :D

If you haven't done one yet (didn't find one), a video on yoga for positivity/gratitude/stress relief would be really beneficial for me. Yoga is always a de-stresser for me, but it would be awesome if I had something to go to when I was really struggling.  :sweatingbullets:  :blush:  :Up-Dog:

YogaByCandace likes this

Hi Candace! I love your videos and blog. Thank you for being such an inspiration. :D

If you haven't done one yet (didn't find one), a video on yoga for positivity/gratitude/stress relief would be really beneficial for me. Yoga is always a de-stresser for me, but it would be awesome if I had something to go to when I was really struggling.  :sweatingbullets:  :blush:  :Up-Dog:

I have one edited and ready to go that's meant for de-stressing. Keep an eye out in the next week or two on the blog. :)

afriske and mimisouth like this

Hi, Candace! 

I know I already had a video request recently, but I was wondering if we could do more breath practices. Maybe some different pranayama techniques or something like that? 

YogaByCandace likes this

Hi Candace,

First off, just wanted to say that my wife and I our huge fans. I'm a firefighter and was definitely never a flexible person. I contracted a bacterial infection similar to Lyme disease (joint pain, weakness, nausea, etc.) which lead to me being laid up for a year going through experimental treatments. During this time I found your videos and read your story, and your yoga teachings have lead to a huge quality of life improvement. I'm now back on my feet and getting back to fighting fit AND I can touch my toes for the first time in my life, so thank you for the huge help you've been in getting me through this and better than ever!

So my suggestion for a yoga video is: a full body stretch/loosen for when you're sick. Your videos already have plenty here for us in that condition, but I figured one specifically could be a nice touch. Most days during my treatment I would pick one of the 15 minute videos but I'd usually have to take breaks/skip steps/not make it all the way through. I figure with your experience you probably know better than anyone exactly what I'm talking about, and could help out a lot of people!

Thanks,

Kerry

YogaByCandace and Vicky like this

I have a general YouTube video request. Many (most?) of the videos are designed to be full classes where viewer follows along. I tried using them a few times, but didn't find it worked for me. 

What I'd like to see (personal preference here) is a few 'how to do ___ pose' videos, patterned after the replies you do in the Ask a yoga question - to Candace forum. I learn best when I watch a 2-3 minute 'how to' video showing the pose, broken down into the various components, with modification tips for the newer practitioners, I watch them a few times (not in the gym) and then try it when I'm practicing. 

There may be some there already, I'm not sure. One other thing...YouTube search page is okay, but not terribly user friendly nor easy to use. I'd love (work for the intern!!!) to see a single web page neatly organized with links to the videos. 

Thank you!

Hi Larry,

There have been a few how to videos in the past. Also, if you download the YBC App you can see an organized list of playlists from the youtube channel. One of them being the how to do specific yoga poses and single pose breakdowns. 

LarryD517 likes this

Nice find! I know you guys are promoting the app, but I'm just sharing that I found can see the nicely organized playlist on the computer here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/YOGABYCANDACE/playlists?sort=dd&view=1

I also noticed the featured playlist "How to do Specific Yoga Postures" on the home page was near the bottom, so it was easy to miss (25 vids).

I personally prefer these videos "Single Pose Breakdowns and Sequence" - it's like a "peak pose" mini class (15 vids):

LarryD517 and YogaByCandace like this

Nice find! I know you guys are promoting the app, but I'm just sharing that I found can see the nicely organized playlist on the computer here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/YOGABYCANDACE/playlists?sort=dd&view=1

Thanks for sharing this!! We are promoting the app, yes, but in the interest of total transparency, the channel only earns revenue when vids are played from an android phone, (iPhone and iPad don't show the ads) so playing the vids on the computer is also much appreciated and helps keep us going! #gottapaythebills :) 

Vicky and Kerri like this

Hi candace , I had asked you for videos for wheel pose which I was struggling with .... and you kindly answered my quest in links for your video to that...
I had told you I will show you the results later and here it come ... the photo in t-shirt is a 2 day old photo , while the one in pink long sleeves was in late April of this year 2015 where i was so tight and using a block too... so happy in those and many other changes , many good Vibes to you dear, and thank you each and every time I practice .....:)???

Screen Shot 2015-09-22 at 1.38.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-09-23 at 2.10.30 PM.png

scottcraft and YogaByCandace like this

Hi candace , I had asked you for videos for wheel pose which I was struggling with .... and you kindly answered my quest in links for your video to that...
I had told you I will show you the results later and here it come ... the photo in t-shirt is a 2 day old photo , while the one in pink long sleeves was in late April of this year 2015 where i was so tight and using a block too... so happy in those and many other changes , many good Vibes to you dear, and thank you each and every time I practice .....:)???

Girrrrrrl look at YOU!!!! I'm so so so happy for you! Great work!! <3

justforyoga likes this

Hey Candace! I just wanted to let you know I absolutely love the Slow Flow Power yoga videos! I find it hard to keep up with power yoga most of the time, so the slowed down versions are awesome! I feel like I get a chance to sink into the pose and correct my alignment before moving on. Definitely would love it if you made some more! :wub:

yogafire likes this

First of all many, many thanks for making your videos, insights and recommendations available to the online community. Secondly, since you asked, I often find that I have more than 30 minutes but less than and hour for my yoga practice. Would it be possible to create a 45-minute video? All the best!!!

First of all many, many thanks for making your videos, insights and recommendations available to the online community. Secondly, since you asked, I often find that I have more than 30 minutes but less than and hour for my yoga practice. Would it be possible to create a 45-minute video? All the best!!!

I'll put it on the list, Alison! Until then, here's a 45 min and a 50 min.

Hello! Candace I have a video request. I was wondering if you could do another morning meditation and yoga sequence in bed.  I really enjoyed these on my 30 day mindful Challenge and would love a new one!  

YogaByCandace likes this