YogaByCandace

Youtube Video Request

144 posts in this topic

Hello! Candace I have a video request. I was wondering if you could do another morning meditation and yoga sequence in bed.  I really enjoyed these on my 30 day mindful Challenge and would love a new one!  

You got it! 

LIlLiZa83 and afriske like this

Looking for a yoga video with a specific focus that hasn't been posted on the blog yet? Leave your request here and I'll do my best to accommodate  :)

I recently had back surgery ( 14 months ago - Artificial Disk Replacement L5S1).  My doctor has recommended that I do "restorative" yoga.  I have tried a number of gentle yoga routines but many still hurt my lower back.  Candace, could you please post  a 15 minute yoga session focusing on lower back rehabilitation.  Thank you, CK

Hi Candace! Thank you so much for your videos. I have been active all my life, but I recently was diagnosed with endometriosis which has made doing some forms of exercise more difficult. I started doing your videos every morning in July and I actually feel even more in shape than when I was running or spinning because I have strength in my entire body which helps so much with the endometriosis. I wanted to request a video that might be targeted specifically at combating pelvic pain (so probably could be combined with video above!) and easing pain and tension in your pelvic floor/lower back/upper thighs. Thank you again for your wonderful videos!! :) 

Hi Candace! Thank you so much for your videos. I have been active all my life, but I recently was diagnosed with endometriosis which has made doing some forms of exercise more difficult. I started doing your videos every morning in July and I actually feel even more in shape than when I was running or spinning because I have strength in my entire body which helps so much with the endometriosis. I wanted to request a video that might be targeted specifically at combating pelvic pain (so probably could be combined with video above!) and easing pain and tension in your pelvic floor/lower back/upper thighs. Thank you again for your wonderful videos!! :) 

Hi! So glad to hear the videos are improving your strength! I am telling you, I know exactly how you feel because I recently started incorporating more strength training into my life and feeling strong is life-changing, as dramatic as that sounds, haha. I wound be happy to make a video that focuses on pelvic pain but I'm wondering if one of the videos we already have might do the trick. Pelvic floor pain, if there isn't something physically causing it, could be inflammation from stress, so a super relaxing restorative video might be helpful. This one works the entire pelvic area and includes a meditation which might help with pelvic pain. This is another good one, too, that may address the issues you're dealing with. Let me know how they work out for you.

Hi Candace! I've told you I love your upper body strength videos and I'm using them a lot since I want to improve in arm balances/pincha/handstand.
But what I have realised is that I'm feeling really stiff on my upper back and even with my overall yoga practice I haven't increased my flexibility in this area not even a little...
Also in July I had serious pain there, and the MRI showed a hernia in the thoracic spine (T7-T8), so I avoided any forward/back bending for more than 2 months. Now I'm feeling really good and I'm already practising like I did before.

So I want to ask if you could make a video with a focus on poses/flows that would help increase upper back flexibility! (or if you already have made one that I haven't found, please give me a link!)

Thanks in advance!!

Edited by Vicky
YogaByCandace likes this

Hi Candace! I've told you I love your upper body strength videos and I'm using them a lot since I want to improve in arm balances/pincha/handstand.
But what I have realised is that I'm feeling really stiff on my upper back and even with my overall yoga practice I haven't increased my flexibility in this area not even a little...
Also in July I had serious pain there, and the MRI showed a hernia in the thoracic spine (T7-T8), so I avoided any forward/back bending for more than 2 months. Now I'm feeling really good and I'm already practising like I did before.

So I want to ask if you could make a video with a focus on poses/flows that would help increase upper back flexibility! (or if you already have made one that I haven't found, please give me a link!)

Thanks in advance!!

I'm glad to hear you're feeling back to your normal self! Sure, I'm happy to make a vid for upper back flexibility. It'll come within the next month or two, though, because I have a packed schedule through November. :( Sorry! Until then, give this a try: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWvvQh6XyHs, this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X_TEgk6rG4 and this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC_dvBnRKn4 oh and this one is a favorite too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5bbn3E1kvo. Anything that says heart opening or chest opening is also good for upper back flexibility :)

I'm glad to hear you're feeling back to your normal self! Sure, I'm happy to make a vid for upper back flexibility. It'll come within the next month or two, though, because I have a packed schedule through November. :( Sorry! Until then, give this a try: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWvvQh6XyHs, this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X_TEgk6rG4 and this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC_dvBnRKn4 oh and this one is a favorite too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5bbn3E1kvo. Anything that says heart opening or chest opening is also good for upper back flexibility :)

Thank you so much! Don't worry I have a tough month ahead too, so I can wait! Until then I can practice with the ones you already have! ?

YogaByCandace likes this

Hi Candace! Your videos are great and I often include them in my workout routine on my active recovery or rest days. I'm doing crossfit style workouts which usually leave me very tight the next day. I've seen that you're doing similar workouts and a lot of weightlifting so you've probably experienced tightness in areas such as shuolders, chest, upper back and hips. Could you do video that focuses on mobility and flexibilty on those areas? 

Thanks in advance! :)

YogaByCandace likes this

Hi Candace! Your videos are great and I often include them in my workout routine on my active recovery or rest days. I'm doing crossfit style workouts which usually leave me very tight the next day. I've seen that you're doing similar workouts and a lot of weightlifting so you've probably experienced tightness in areas such as shuolders, chest, upper back and hips. Could you do video that focuses on mobility and flexibilty on those areas? 

Thanks in advance! :)

I feel your pain, my friend! Here are some videos that will help: 

Chest, shoulders, and back

Hip flexibility

Legs

Jack likes this

Hi Candace

Need your guidance..Is your yoga for legs will be helpful for my problem or any suggestion will be helpful :)

I have swelling in my left foot arch from 2 years and my left leg muscle hurts mostly calf or around ankle or arch after running or just dancing 1 song..Doctors couldnt find the rootcause yet :(

Thank you :)

Hey, Candace, I know you're super busy, so no worries about how long this takes at all. I don't want to stress you out, haha. I was wondering if you could make a lower body strength video with emphasis on butt/glutes?

4 hours ago, afriske said:

Hey, Candace, I know you're super busy, so no worries about how long this takes at all. I don't want to stress you out, haha. I was wondering if you could make a lower body strength video with emphasis on butt/glutes?

We must be on the same wavelength because I just made a leg strengthening video the other day! It'll be up within the next two to three weeks. It's short but boy does it burn! 

afriske likes this

Hi Candace

I don’t know if this would make a good short video. A good way to reduce all those big Christmas dinners. But don’t do extra work for me. Everyone can follow along with the instructions below maybe.

The Warrior flow. I have put all the Warrior poses I know into a flow. Except for Warrior V.

I know you know all the poses but sometimes we use different names. Most of the poses below can be found at Yoga Dancer http://www.yogadancer.com/Pattra/Virabhadrasana.shtml#One  . Warrior IIII , Crescent Warrior, Alanasana , all the same pose, many names can be found at   http://www.yogajournal.com/pose/high-lunge-variation/

Thanks so much and have a wonderful Christmas.

Fill the breath with movement

A few rounds of Surya Namaskara to warm up

Enter through Surya Namaskara A

Start in downdog

Inhale - lift the left leg for 3 legged dog

Exhale - hop the right leg to the hands (that is a small standing splits then hop the lower, right leg forward)

Inhale - Warrior IIII , let the upper, left leg controlled drop to the back of the mat on ball of foot  (other names Crescent Warrior – Alanasana)

Exhale - Warrior II

Inhale - Reverse Warrior II (that is the common reverse warrior, hips open to the side)

Exhale - Warrior III

Inhale - Warrior I (let the upper leg, left leg controlled drop again)

Exhale - the hands clasped behind the back, legs still in Warrior I

Inhale - the chest and shoulders open

Exhale - to Humble Warrior

Inhale - to Reverse Warrior I (hips squared to the front)

Exhale - the the hands to frame the forward foot, lift the back leg, small standing splits again and hop the front leg to the back of the mat for downdog

Repeat a few time switching sides. Maybe start with easier versions and show the final version, whichever way you think is best.

YogaByCandace likes this

Could we have a yoga video on detox please?  How to get the internal organs moving to flush out all the over indulgence in the Christmas period!!  Or some ideas on the poses that are good for this..

thank you 

YogaByCandace likes this

5 hours ago, mimisouth said:

Could we have a yoga video on detox please?  How to get the internal organs moving to flush out all the over indulgence in the Christmas period!!  Or some ideas on the poses that are good for this..

thank you 

Look up one post!:) If hopping seems too difficult just step. Drink plenty of water, get moving, get the cardiovascular working. You can do fancier stuff if you like but it is not necessary. Squeezing the internal organs with twists is kind of a myth for detoxifying.  

YogaByCandace and mimisouth like this

9 hours ago, mimisouth said:

thank you 

Yep, I don't really believe in 'marketing' yoga as a detox so I don't have any detox videos up - truly, any vinyasa that gets the blood flowing will be helpful to get things moving to flush out the junk over the holidays. Sleep, water and de-stressing also are a plus. :) 

Candace!  I'm in desperate need of a YBC prenatal yoga video!  Particularly something with a good full-body stretch and a few strength-building poses?  I'm still in my first trimester, and I don't want to lose all the strength and flexibility I've gained over the past year, but I also want to make sure I have a safe prenatal practice.  I've scoured YouTube for some good pregnancy yoga, and I've found a few okay ones, but I seriously miss practicing with you!  Your teaching style is just the best!

YogaByCandace likes this

On 1/8/2016 at 8:07 PM, MonicaHoehn said:

Candace!  I'm in desperate need of a YBC prenatal yoga video!  Particularly something with a good full-body stretch and a few strength-building poses?  I'm still in my first trimester, and I don't want to lose all the strength and flexibility I've gained over the past year, but I also want to make sure I have a safe prenatal practice.  I've scoured YouTube for some good pregnancy yoga, and I've found a few okay ones, but I seriously miss practicing with you!  Your teaching style is just the best!

I'm sorry, girl! I really need to take a prenatal certification class because this is a request I get a lot. Unfortunately, I don't know much about prenatal yoga and I am hesitant to make a video for my pregnant ladies without taking a certification.... It's on my list of goals for 2016 ...although that probably won't do you much good, haha. I'm sorry!!! :(

MonicaHoehn likes this

On 1/31/2016 at 7:31 AM, mimisouth said:

ive been looking for yoga moves that you can do on a plane... Is this something you would consider putting together please Candace?

Yes, great idea! Look for it towards the end of Feb or beginning of March :)

mrsjoe24 and mimisouth like this

40 minutes ago, YogaByCandace said:

Yes, great idea! Look for it towards the end of Feb or beginning of March :)

I guess you'd need to make two (one for first class and one for coach :P )

mimisouth likes this

Hi! I am a waitress at the moment and my legs are pretty tired after a hard working day. I would appreciate a video for legs but not a one for strenght but for strechting and feel good :)

Thank you very much!

I'd love to have a video that's under 30min that would intrigue my husband into the world of yoga. He's 80-90% sedetary lifestyle. We walk about or hike together, that about the extent. And he's got an old shoulder injury from archery that he's scared of reinjuring. I've been trying to ease him into yin yoga, because I think it'll help, esp with his shoulder. But the classes I do online or in person are 1hr to 1.5 hrs. 

So, a 30min for an absolute beginner with a secretary lifestyle and a shoulder concern.

Much love! ?