YogaByCandace

Youtube Video Request

142 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, mrsjoe24 said:

I'd love to have a video that's under 30min that would intrigue my husband into the world of yoga. He's 80-90% sedetary lifestyle. We walk about or hike together, that about the extent. And he's got an old shoulder injury from archery that he's scared of reinjuring. I've been trying to ease him into yin yoga, because I think it'll help, esp with his shoulder. But the classes I do online or in person are 1hr to 1.5 hrs. 

So, a 30min for an absolute beginner with a secretary lifestyle and a shoulder concern.

Much love! 💕

I just reread your post.. I didn't realize you were talking about yin yoga at first.

I think since yin yoga holds each pose for 3-5 minutes, it's hard to have a video that is less than half an hour.  If you want a more gentle sequence, look at the video suggestions Candace put up for the February restorative program, such as:

30 min restorative yin yoga (hope that isn't too long): http://yogabycandace.com/blog/full-restorative-free-yoga-class

15 Minute Chill Out Restorative Yoga Video

15 minute gentle morning yoga

If you want to address your husband's shoulder, maybe one addressing tight shoulders would make him feel relieved, such as this: 

20 Minute Yoga for Olympic Lifters | Chest and Shoulder Mobility

But if you want something that doesn't involve any downward dogs, then look into shorter restorative ones instead of yin.  Good luck!

mrsjoe24 likes this

Hi Candace :) I've been working on my splits for a while and I would love a 30 min (or longer) sequence preparing to splits and with splits as peak pose. Thank you for sharing your work, experiences and inspirations!

YogaByCandace likes this

2 hours ago, Malayiiika said:

Hi Candace :) I've been working on my splits for a while and I would love a 30 min (or longer) sequence preparing to splits and with splits as peak pose. Thank you for sharing your work, experiences and inspirations!

You got it, look for it in a few weeks!

Malayiiika likes this

Hi Candace,

I have been struggling with some hip impingment from Femoral Anterior Glide Syndrome. This is a very common hip issue for active people, like runners and yogis! It makes deep hip flexion painful (e.g. Child, happy baby, lunges, etc.) because the head of the femur isn't gliding posteriorly as it is supposed to during flexion.  Many studio classes and youtube videos don't work for me very well because of the extreme focus on hip openers. I would love to see both yin and yang like practices for this and im sure many other yogis with this issue would love it!

thanks!

YogaByCandace likes this

How about a full body post-work out video? I'm a horseback rider and while I use my legs a lot (especially my quads, oh my poor tight quads!), my entire body is used to stay on a horse. I've yet to find something that really cools down and stretches out everything from my head (I tend to clench my jaw when learning something new) down to my aching feet. 

YogaByCandace likes this

14 hours ago, KateZena said:

How about a full body post-work out video? I'm a horseback rider and while I use my legs a lot (especially my quads, oh my poor tight quads!), my entire body is used to stay on a horse. I've yet to find something that really cools down and stretches out everything from my head (I tend to clench my jaw when learning something new) down to my aching feet. 

Awesome suggestion! Look for it within the next two to three weeks :) 

Hi Candace!

We love to do office yoga for 10-15 mins every Friday afternoon.

Could we request a new video that is either chair based or does not involve any floor work?

Thank so much!

YogaByCandace likes this

Hi Candace. 

I've been doing your youtube videos and they are great. Thank you.

As an avid cyclist, I really wish you had a half hour focused on core strength and hip openers. 

Thanks!

On 11/12/2016 at 7:45 PM, ClaireC said:

Hi Candace!

We love to do office yoga for 10-15 mins every Friday afternoon.

Could we request a new video that is either chair based or does not involve any floor work?

Thank so much!

Yes! Look for it within the next three weeks

22 hours ago, ghause said:

Hi Candace. 

I've been doing your youtube videos and they are great. Thank you.

As an avid cyclist, I really wish you had a half hour focused on core strength and hip openers. 

Thanks!

You got it - stay tuned.

Hi! I'd love more longer videos. 45 minutes, an hour, even more. I always have to mix a few videos for one practice, and the repeated warm-ups mess with the flow a bit. But your teaching is my absolute favorite, so I avoid going to other channels for longer flows.

Hi Candace, I love your videos and I can't start my day without the "15 min Yoga for Chest and Shoulders" one :) 

I have a toddler and she is definitely a mini yogi! She's always trying to make all the moves with me, so it would be really nice to have a special video for us to practice together. Thanks you!