Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
YogaByCandace

Your Input Wanted On Yoga Retreats

17 posts in this topic

Hi friends! 

I'm working hard on my 2015 retreat schedule and came across a great opportunity to lead a retreat at a beautiful estate in New England for a fantastic price. The upside is that since my costs would low, I could make it very low for students as well. The down side is that they reserve the weekends for weddings so wonder if I could schedule something for mid-week. My question: Would you attend a mid-week retreat? Feel free to be honest, I saw that and immediately thought 'um, no', but maybe I am wrong and mid-week is where it's at? Would love to hear your thoughts.

Further, if you're interested in attending a future YBC retreat and want to give more feedback, please fill this out. Thanks! 

Yogabliss likes this

Mid-week would be awesome – extending the vacation through the weekend would be a lot easier that way. I've still never seen the East coast as an adult! So I will be considering this :) 

Also, if you're looking for ideas for a sweet winter location, Utah has plenty of options :D

YogaByCandace and Yogabliss like this

Mid-week would be awesome – extending the vacation through the weekend would be a lot easier that way. I've still never seen the East coast as an adult! So I will be considering this :)

Also, if you're looking for ideas for a sweet winter location, Utah has plenty of options :D

Thanks for the feedback! Unfortunately I'll be in Europe for the winter but am considering something out that way in June - a mountain yoga retreat seems like a cool idea to me! Plus Utah/Colorado area is INSANELY beautiful. 

Jake and Yogabliss like this

Thanks for the feedback! Unfortunately I'll be in Europe for the winter but am considering something out that way in June - a mountain yoga retreat seems like a cool idea to me! Plus Utah/Colorado area is INSANELY beautiful. 

Agreed! Colorado could be better because of their laws, but I know the resorts and whatnot in Utah are a lot cheaper in the Spring/Summer than they are in the Winter - and just as beautiful  :24:

YogaByCandace and Yogabliss like this

I would do mid-week!

I would be totally willing to do it (as long as it isn't near the one week I have vacation this year).  I live in New England and hope you come here!

Wow cool, you guys, I'm going to try to make it happen then. It's a pretty good price and a beautiful setting, so we'll see. Thanks for the input! Dates will be announced around the New Year  :)

Yogabliss and jaime like this

Colorado would be awesome! I saying lots of prayers that $ and work will be good to me next year! I also have a grandbaby due last part of June!

Aw how exciting!!!! Congrats!!

I am excited to see the details! As a grad student, I could definitely do mid-week during the summer, but also as a grad student, I am not exactly flush with vacation funds, LOL.

YogaByCandace likes this

I am excited to see the details! As a grad student, I could definitely do mid-week during the summer, but also as a grad student, I am not exactly flush with vacation funds, LOL.

I've been there, my friend! I'm not sure this one is going to work out afterall (not a dog friendly place and I can't leave my fur-child (seen here at the SB retreat) behind), but I promise to do a budget retreat this summer for sure.  :)

mimisouth likes this

I've been there, my friend! I'm not sure this one is going to work out afterall (not a dog friendly place and I can't leave my fur-child (seen here at the SB retreat) behind), but I promise to do a budget retreat this summer for sure.  :)

That's too bad you wont be coming to new england. and I love dogs! too bad the place won't accept them.

YogaByCandace likes this

That's too bad you wont be coming to new england. and I love dogs! too bad the place won't accept them.

No, no I'll be coming to New England - just not to the place I had had in mind :)

Hi friends! 

I'm working hard on my 2015 retreat schedule and came across a great opportunity to lead a retreat at a beautiful estate in New England for a fantastic price. The upside is that since my costs would low, I could make it very low for students as well. The down side is that they reserve the weekends for weddings so wonder if I could schedule something for mid-week. My question: Would you attend a mid-week retreat? Feel free to be honest, I saw that and immediately thought 'um, no', but maybe I am wrong and mid-week is where it's at? Would love to hear your thoughts.

Further, if you're interested in attending a future YBC retreat and want to give more feedback, please fill this out. Thanks!

Yes! I'd be interested.

YogaByCandace likes this

I should have kept reading before I responded, haha. I'm still interested in New England.

YogaByCandace likes this