Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MyLastGamble

Groin Issue With Certain Poses

3 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, I'm new to yoga and have been watching videos and practicing at home and really am enjoying it. The only problem I have is with certain positions, like seated staff with my legs together, I am squishing my groin and end up keeping my legs apart as to not do this. Am I doing something wrong? The video I am watching, with Rodney Yee, makes it look like it shouldn't be an issue at all as he goes from pose to pose.

Scott likes this

Hey everyone, I'm new to yoga and have been watching videos and practicing at home and really am enjoying it. The only problem I have is with certain positions, like seated staff with my legs together, I am squishing my groin and end up keeping my legs apart as to not do this. Am I doing something wrong? The video I am watching, with Rodney Yee, makes it look like it shouldn't be an issue at all as he goes from pose to pose.

Rodney Yee has been practicing yoga for probably as long as I've been alive, so I wouldn't base it on what he does  :)  But! For staff pose, we don't really want the legs exactly together, so that might be your issue. Start by removing the flesh underneath the sits bones and then have your feet hip distance - so look to align your ankles with the head of the femur. Then roll your shoulders back and press the hands into the ground. See how that feels and feel free to report back :54:

Scott likes this

Yes, the last answer is correct. Legs should not be that close. Also wearing good supporting briefs under your shorts or yoga pants might be a smat idea. I like the Wonderjock Pro Hipster ( Aussiebum ) or the Urban Way Cotton Stretch tight Boxer ( Dim ) as they have a good lift.

post-631-0-36235900-1424691281_thumb.jpg

post-631-0-36470400-1424691288_thumb.jpg

Thomas likes this