Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mimisouth

Bingo Wings

9 posts in this topic

Any yoga poses or sequences that target the bingo wing area? My shoulders and bicep area have toned lovely but the persistent bingo wings are little harder tone...

YogaByCandace and Turi like this

Any yoga poses or sequences that target the bingo wing area? My shoulders and bicep area have toned lovely but the persistent bingo wings are little harder tone...

I had to google what bingo wings were!!  :5:  :3: (It's the loose skin under the upper arm area, for anyone else that was also clueless)

Anyway! I would suggest chaturanga (you could even do push-ups in the middle of the vinyasa if you wanted a little more). Really try to keep those elbows in and pointed straight back behind you. These pointers may help. Take the knees down if it's too much. Hope that helps! 

Jhocy, sadhamstrings and Yogabliss like this

ha ha I'm not doing very well on this!!

" A muffin-top is overhanging fat that spills over the waistline of pants like the top of a muffin spilling over its paper casing"

Quoted from Wikipedia!

Perhaps we should start a thread about all kinds of names for things and see how they differ around the world!

Ha ha I thought it was a universal name like love handles or muffin top...

I'll keep doing the chaturanga's!

I actually didn't realize muffin tops and love handles were also understood in the UK, until now!

I didn't even know the triceps were such a problem area and had so many nicknames.  I would welcome a thread that polled everyone globally for different euphemisms.

Somewhat related, I work with colleagues around the world remotely, and the funniest thing I learned were new names for this chart during a conference call:

htmlchart-piechart-simple-example.png

In the US, we call this a "pie chart". My colleague said on the call, "Can we change the cheese?" And I was like, "Oh! There's cheese? Where?"

So now I know that Spain and France call it "cheese".  Brazil / Portugal calls it "pizza".  There are many food items that can be sliced, so I'm sure other countries have more names not already mentioned?

OK, this last part wasn't yoga related, but, I thought it was a fun fact to share!

mimisouth and MrBalloonHands like this

I had to google what bingo wings were!!  :5:  :3: (It's the loose skin under the upper arm area, for anyone else that was also clueless)

Anyway! I would suggest chaturanga (you could even do push-ups in the middle of the vinyasa if you wanted a little more). Really try to keep those elbows in and pointed straight back behind you. These pointers may help. Take the knees down if it's too much. Hope that helps! 

Thanks for the tip!

And yes, I call them bingo wings too - I have two of them!

I was taught the proper way to do chaturangas when I signed up for private classes.  They are actually not as difficult as I thought at first.  I'll keep adding them to my practice then and hopefully these bingo wings will fly away for good.

mimisouth likes this