Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EmilyC

Lifepower Ytt

3 posts in this topic

Awesome, good for you! I just did a quick google search to see what they're about. It seems like there's an email where you can ask to see a sample of the curriculum, and that's a plus (though I wish they'd just share the whole curriculum). I am always very wary of teacher trainings because that's where yoga teachers make the BIG bucks and sometimes I get the vibe that prospective students are being taken advantage of, so I suggest going through all the info with a fine toothed comb. Make sure you know who the instructors are, take a look at their qualifications, definitely try to take a class or two with them so you can determine whether they're the type of person you'll be able to learn from since you'll be spending a lot of time with them. Take a look at the curriculum (ask the see the whole thing), and make sure it's a well rounded plan that covers everything from anatomy and physiology to philosophy to asana, pranayama, to kriyas to chakras to business ethics and more. Get recommendations from others (which is what you're doing here, awesome!) and then go with your gut! That's so exciting! Keep us posted on what you decide and how it goes!!  :27:

Thank you for the advice, Candace!  After months of research, I've decided to do my teacher training with a local studio that I love and admire.  I start this Friday!  Excited and kinda freaked out that I finally took the plunge  :23:

MrBalloonHands and Jasmine like this