Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheLavenderYogi

Accountability Buddies?

10 posts in this topic

I got into yoga about 4 years ago through a class offered in college and found that it really helped to manage my anxiety and other symptoms of PTSD. I feel in love with the way it made me feel and the fact that it truly helped me conquer the chaos that was my life. While in college I kept a daily practice due to always having a yoga class to attend and keep me accountable. However, over the past two years, I have not had access to a yoga class and would like to get back to into a good daily practice. That's where YBC comes in, I'm so glad I found this forum because I need some new friends in my life who love yoga and strive to make it to the mat every day. Is anyone else looking to get serious about yoga but needing a buddy or two to keep them accountable? I have included a few 'fun facts' about me to see if we would be compatible. :)

I'm a mom.

I have purple hair.

I love heart openers, peppermint tea and braiding hair.

Aside from yoga,I have practiced a few different forms of Martial Arts throughout my lifetime so technically, I'm a ninja. :ph34r:

I haven't quite mastered meditation yet but would like to.

Being upside down makes me happy.

I'm trying out the whole natural living thing and loving it.

My favorite Yoga pose is Cobra.

I'm really excited about the YBC 31 day strength project.

Okay enough about me, let's here about you! Why are you here?  What is your favorite yoga pose? And most importantly, what makes you, YOU?

I got into yoga about 4 years ago through a class offered in college and found that it really helped to manage my anxiety and other symptoms of PTSD. I feel in love with the way it made me feel and the fact that it truly helped me conquer the chaos that was my life. While in college I kept a daily practice due to always having a yoga class to attend and keep me accountable. However, over the past two years, I have not had access to a yoga class and would like to get back to into a good daily practice. That's where YBC comes in, I'm so glad I found this forum because I need some new friends in my life who love yoga and strive to make it to the mat every day. Is anyone else looking to get serious about yoga but needing a buddy or two to keep them accountable? I have included a few 'fun facts' about me to see if we would be compatible. :)

I'm a mom.

I have purple hair.

I love heart openers, peppermint tea and braiding hair.

Aside from yoga,I have practiced a few different forms of Martial Arts throughout my lifetime so technically, I'm a ninja. :ph34r:

I haven't quite mastered meditation yet but would like to.

Being upside down makes me happy.

I'm trying out the whole natural living thing and loving it.

My favorite Yoga pose is Cobra.

I'm really excited about the YBC 31 day strength project.

Okay enough about me, let's here about you! Why are you here?  What is your favorite yoga pose? And most importantly, what makes you, YOU?

Welcome to the forum, MommaSunflower! Moms with purple hair! Yes!  :wub:

I am confident you will find someone wonderful here to be your accountability buddy! Can't wait to see who it is! :27:

TheLavenderYogi and Yogabliss like this

Welcome! A buddy system is a good idea, but why limit yourself just to one person? 

During the challenges, many people usually check in on that challenge-specific thread, so that would be a good area to find encouragement.   I find this fun to check in, and I think more and more people will do it regularly if people report. In fact, I'm going over there now since I tried something new today!

Yogabliss and TheLavenderYogi like this

Welcome! A buddy system is a good idea, but why limit yourself just to one person? 

During the challenges, many people usually check in on that challenge-specific thread, so that would be a good area to find encouragement.   I find this fun to check in, and I think more and more people will do it regularly if people report. In fact, I'm going over there now since I tried something new today!

Thanks yogafire :)

I'm not limiting myself to just 1 yoga buddy, just looking for some like minded buddies to check in with regularly aside from challenges. I'm going to check in with the other thread now that I know it exists.  

Hi mommaSunflower :47:  - find me on instagram nfenchak is my id. I'm also a mom. I love coffee :37:  and running :20:  and dogs. I love to read and scrapbook. I'm way too ADHD to ever meditate. I end up falling asleep or getting annoyed with myself b/c I can't stop my brain from moving. Being upside down scares me, but I love watching others do it & maybe in a few years I will be able to do it myself :D. I have no idea what the name of my favorite pose is - it's when you are standing and legs are both pointed forward and straight - one in front and the other behind and you fold over the front leg. and I also love pigeon. Nice to meet you - and let me know when you do your first pose

Hi mommaSunflower :47:  - find me on instagram nfenchak is my id. I'm also a mom. I love coffee :37:  and running :20:  and dogs. I love to read and scrapbook. I'm way too ADHD to ever meditate. I end up falling asleep or getting annoyed with myself b/c I can't stop my brain from moving. Being upside down scares me, but I love watching others do it & maybe in a few years I will be able to do it myself :D. I have no idea what the name of my favorite pose is - it's when you are standing and legs are both pointed forward and straight - one in front and the other behind and you fold over the front leg. and I also love pigeon. Nice to meet you - and let me know when you do your first pose

Hi nfenchak, nice to meet you too.  Sorry, I am just now seeing figuring out the ins and outs of this community but will follow you on instagram. Have you read anything good lately? How have you been with the strength challenge? So far I have missed 2 days out of 6 but I made up for both those days by getting on my mat twice the next day to practice my baby grasshopper and do a strengthening flow.

Hi nfenchak, nice to meet you too.  Sorry, I am just now seeing figuring out the ins and outs of this community but will follow you on instagram. Have you read anything good lately? How have you been with the strength challenge? So far I have missed 2 days out of 6 but I made up for both those days by getting on my mat twice the next day to practice my baby grasshopper and do a strengthening flow.

We had a snow day here which messed up my workout and plans for the day, but I did get to read a new book that was released. It's by a YA author. I have been doing the challenge each day, classes at my gym Friday, sat and Mon & then Candace's suggestions on the other days (later on today included) I'm shocked how much easier it is to do the baby grasshopper in just this short period of time from practicing it each day. I'm actually doing the challenge w/ 3 other people (maybe another 3 are joining) in my class & I'm amazed at how much our teacher has improved in just practicing her move two days, lol. good job working on your challenge.

Hello to you all,

I love the idea of accountability buddies! Lets do this.

Fun facts:

I have 3 boys

I too battle PTSD and anxieity

and  I used to have a green mohawk, lol

:24:

MrBalloonHands and nfenchak like this

Yeah! This is great!  I Think purple hair is cool too!  I do have a few 'accountability' yoga buddies here in Toronto however they usually fall off and I stick on :P

I always have favourite poses.. I seem to enjoy the one in my display pic.. 8 angle pose!  It's a lot easier than it looks :P

Facts:

No kids (I myeslf am one.. I think)

I'm a photographer
I love yoga and all things fitness

I love travelling

One of my goals is to get on my mat for at least 30 - 60 minutes a day

nfenchak and pony like this