Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tawlglass

Meditative Experiences-

9 posts in this topic

Hey everyone! 

I used to be soso good about meditating every day. But after I had to stop yoga teacher training, my meditation and yoga practice came to a halt for a month  (July to late August 2014). It doesn't seem like much, but practicing both of those daily to cold turkey stopping was rough on my spirit and my body.

About two months ago, I regained an eagerness to start meditating daily, though as of right now I only meditate 2x per week.

In my 2-year journey with yoga and meditation, I've had some incredible experiences that come to me easily due to a sensitivity to spiritual things... But today, I experienced this intense orange energy and walking, unthreatening shadows appearing while my eyes were closed. I wasn't scared or anything at all. Just a neutral observer of something really cool. 

Is anyone on the forum an experienced meditator? I would love to hear your thoughts on these things. I did feel open and ready and interested in coming closer to what was happening. It felt as though I could dive into it! Spirit guides, perhaps? 

xo  :wub:  :P

Hey everyone! 

I used to be soso good about meditating every day. But after I had to stop yoga teacher training, my meditation and yoga practice came to a halt for a month  (July to late August 2014). It doesn't seem like much, but practicing both of those daily to cold turkey stopping was rough on my spirit and my body.

About two months ago, I regained an eagerness to start meditating daily, though as of right now I only meditate 2x per week.

In my 2-year journey with yoga and meditation, I've had some incredible experiences that come to me easily due to a sensitivity to spiritual things... But today, I experienced this intense orange energy and walking, unthreatening shadows appearing while my eyes were closed. I wasn't scared or anything at all. Just a neutral observer of something really cool. 

Is anyone on the forum an experienced meditator? I would love to hear your thoughts on these things. I did feel open and ready and interested in coming closer to what was happening. It felt as though I could dive into it! Spirit guides, perhaps? 

xo  :wub:  :P

I don't know if I would consider myself an experienced meditator, I try to meditate pretty regularly, but I have noticed more of a sensitivity to "energy." I have noticed when I clear all the gunk out of my mind, it's easier for me to pick up on a lot more of the energy around me. I am much more sensitive and can pick up on other people's feelings, emotions and thoughts more clearly.

yogagrammy and YogaByCandace like this

I don't know if I would consider myself an experienced meditator, I try to meditate pretty regularly, but I have noticed more of a sensitivity to "energy." I have noticed when I clear all the gunk out of my mind, it's easier for me to pick up on a lot more of the energy around me. I am much more sensitive and can pick up on other people's feelings, emotions and thoughts more clearly.

I am the same way, Angie! And apart from being able to pick up on other people's energies, I just feel like my own is so much more clear. I am more focused and more calm, especially immediately after meditation.

yogagrammy likes this

Exactly why I need to get back into it! Ugh I miss the clarity. I really don't have a good excuse other than I fear sometimes where meditation will take my subconsciousness. 

Exactly why I need to get back into it! Ugh I miss the clarity. I really don't have a good excuse other than I fear sometimes where meditation will take my subconsciousness. 

Glad you started this topic! I've also been meaning to get back into meditation on a more regular basis.  

Something that helped me, which may help address your fear, is what my teacher said after we meditated for 15 min at the beginning of a one-day yoga retreat.  She said that some days, it may be too difficult to "sit with yourself", and that's OK - just stop sooner than you regularly do if that day is just too much to handle.  

I think it's finding the balance between being comfortable with discomfort and knowing your own limits - e.g. if it's too emotional to bear, go ahead and stop early, and try for longer next time. I find if I push myself too soon, I am discouraged from trying again.  Everyone works differently though and may be able to tolerate more pushing.

Oops. took so long to reply. Hi, yogafire! You're right about that. It can get discouraging and frustrating those days where your self doesn't work with you as easily LOL. Comfort levels are important in meditation, for sure. Some people want to head straight forward into these peculiar experiences- that's really where the discovery happens! Once you start channeling fear into meditating, you might as well end it. You can't fear what you don't yet know, and this applies to meditation, too. Nothing will harm you unless you're in an odd case of barking up the wrong trees if ya feel what I'm saying. 

Since this post, I've been working on building back my clarity and inner focus. My mind is becoming MUSH these days, which seems to happen when you let it sit by its lonesome for a while ;-) Bleh... Mixing fear with questioning if it's my intuition talking.

Thanks ladies for your input! So fun to see replies and interest on a topic!! 

xx Latiana

I am so guilty of neglecting my meditation practice! I used to do it each day even if only for 5 minutes of so but around the holidays I got "too busy" to meditate and every day slowly dwindled down to once or twice a week. I feel so much better when it's a regular part of  my day so why did I let it slip? I'm making it a regular part of my day starting now! 

It's near about a month when I started to meditate and I am surprised to see the differences in me. Meditation helps us to understand our own mind. It transform our mind from negative to positive, from unhappy to happy , It also helps to overcome from stress and day to day our lives become peaceful and calm . I used to meditate everyday for fifteen minutes in the early morning.