Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ChelseaCordaro

Finding Balance

2 posts in this topic

I am just getting back into yoga after a couple years and I am already feeling much better. I started yoga up again, because I needed to feel more centered. Just after a couple weeks I have seen a difference, however I am struggling with my balance! I am discouraged by this, because years ago I was able to accomplish a couple poses without falling and now I can barely do it. Will this just come with time, or is there something more I can be doing?

Yogabliss likes this

Hey good for you for getting back into yoga to feel more centered! That's great. This post on how to balance better might be helpful to you, but I also find it interesting that you got back into yoga to 'feel centered' and then are having a tough time balancing because I notice that for me, personally, when I am feeling just 'off' mentally or internally - whether I am distracted by my To Do list or whatever it is - I always have a tough time balancing. Yoga for me is like a mirror to what's going on internally so if things are chaotic in my head, that'll be reflected in my practice. Try doing a little meditation before your balancing and see if clearing your head is helpful.