Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
YogaByCandace

Giveaways

4 posts in this topic

This is either a huge coincidence, but I have been automatically subscribed to at least 5 yoga related / health related company mailing lists without my knowledge.  I also wanted to check if others who have entered the giveaways recently have experienced this.

Yesterday, 2 weeks after I entered the giveaway, I received an e-mail from Organic Gemini - TigerNuts, a sponsored product in the Feb giveaway.  I find the timing a bit suspect, and I am disappointed because I used my primary e-mail address instead of one that I use for promotional mailings.  I wouldn't be too concerned about this, but this is now the 5th e-mail I have had to unsubscribe from a new company that is related to yogawear or health. One possible explanation is that there are terms and conditions that state that I allow my e-mail to be shared with other partners by entering the giveaway, but I did not see those or cannot find them.

Candace, if this is related, can you disclose the full terms and conditions for entering the giveaways in the future here and in the future posts? Thanks for clearing it up!

Oh my goodness, YogaFire, I am so sorry about that. The Valentine's Day giveaway was one I had personally put together and handled, and I had thought of including a notice because I, too, have an email for promotional mailing and one for personal use but in the last moment it completely slipped my mind. Future giveaways were handled by my Creative Director, and I had forgotten to let her know we should include a disclosure. It's definitely not an excuse, though, and I sincerely apologize and take full responsibility. I will go in and add that right now and put a disclosure for all future giveaways. 

yogafire likes this

Thanks for updating the giveaways with the notice!  

I went back to check my comment history. I entered a total of 4 since end of January, so I guess all the e-mails are catching up and caught me by surprise because only now I noticed the increased frequency.  It makes sense now, thanks for the fast response!

YogaByCandace likes this