Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mmosier71

The Search For Leggings

11 posts in this topic

I see all these absolutely amazing looking leggings on people and from several different sites. I either can't find any patterns that I like or the price is WAY up there (at least in my budget it is).

I understand that you pay for quality but does anyone have any suggestions?

Budget friendly would be below $30 (my husband would like it waaay lower, of course).

I have seriously been wanting a new pair of yoga pants myself lately since one out of two of mine are too big for me now. The other yoga pants that I own are by a brand called Yogasmoga. I love love LOVE them so much! Their Tippy Toe Leggings have been ranked the #1 opaque leggings on Rank & Style (see yogasmoga.com). I own their Ballerina Leggings in Grey Caviar/Crimson Rose; they are opaque and so comfortable that I just want to live in them!

Seriously, there are so many good things about Yogasmoga that I love! They use high quality fabrics made in the USA. Their customer service is IMPECCABLE! I'm always really nervous about buying things online since I'm worried it's not going to fit. I spent probably an hour and a half chatting with one of their customer service representatives about sizes and other questions and they were super friendly and helpful. They helped me figure out my size and the leggings and bra I bought fit perfectly! Oh, they also have free shipping and handling to the US and Canada.

If the regular priced items are too out of budget for you, I definitely recommend looking at their One 2 Many section, which is their sale items section.

I hope this helps and that you find a pair of leggings that you love soon! =)

Hi there!  Great question about the leggings.  Sticker shock on those puppies can be daunting.  Here are the bargain leggings I've tried.  Nordstrom Rack now has an online store! They have an exclusive brand Z for Zella, and leggings retail for about $27.  Great quality!  They also carry the Balance Collection by Marika, which goes for around $20.  The fabrics are thinner but so soft and opaque.  I also like Marika Tek and Prana at Nordstrom Rack.  You can find great buys at TJMax and Marshall's on all kinds of brands.  I recently discovered that Lucy sells at Dick's Sporting Goods, and they usually have a good clearance sale this time of year.  And if you don't mind a hunt, Athleta and Glyder (my personal fav) have great sales.  I've gotten leggings at both places for right around $30.  One other place that looks good but I haven't personally tried is Yoga Outlet.  Lots of fun prints there, but the prices are higher.

Hope this helps!  Happy shopping  :D

Kerri and yogafire like this

I second Athleta because of their free returns (via mail) policy, which makes it easier to try on multiple sizes without worrying about return shipping.  I never buy anything regular price and just keep an eye out on their sales and markdowns.  I order to hit the $50 minimum to try on multiple items, and return.  No deadline to return either. Here are some pants and capris on sale under $30

KimK likes this

Athleta are my favorite b/c of fit and quality. But for some cheaper brands that can be cute and just ok fit - Old Navy has some really cute prints. I don't love the fit like Athleta, but I do love paying $10 for capris on their really good sales. Also Target sells Champion's brand C9 & I personally think the quality is a step above Old Navy, a bit under Athleta. They have some cute prints out now - just watch for sales. I think they are little pricey for the quality, but the sale prices are usually very good.

I love Athleta as well, and they have sales quite often, so I'd suggest waiting for a good sale and then snag some up. I think their quality is fantastic! 

I'm late to this party, but not even going to lie:

http://www.forever21.com/Product/Category.aspx?br=f21&category=activewear_bottoms-leggings

This is where I get most of my yoga pants :mellow:
At most, they're $25, on sale they might be like $10. My absolute favorite pair of leggings is one of their "performance" leggings. They're silky soft, incredibly stretchy, and while the prints are more "athletic" than zen, it's pretty flattering. It's hard to tell which is which online, but I believe their "yoga" leggings are significantly more cotton-y, which I don't like quite as well.

One of these days I will start investing in quality workmanship/fair trade/cruelty-free/sunshine and roses/freaking $90 yoga leggings, but until then... *checks out the new prints I haven't seen yet*

EricaKaye, Kerri and YogaByCandace like this

I really want to try InYo leggings, it says they have a LITE version... they tend to retail for $38. I does mention they can be slightly sheer as they are thinner than the originals ($58 odd - which is still a lot cheaper than a lot of brands!!)..

It says the lites are good for wearing with no underpants but I'm not sure I'd dare walk into a stuido wearing them, the people behind might not appreciate the view  :lol:

So I'm trying to work out whether I could wear thin black leggings underneath, or bike shorts, or something to make it work... 

http://www.inyowear.com/collections/leggies-lite

yogadew and YogaByCandace like this

I love Liquido. Sale prices aren't too bad! I'm short so the 7/8 are perfect length for me and often on sale. Winning!

YogaByCandace likes this

I LOVE InYo leggings!  I have a pair of the regular version (never tried the LITE) and they are wonderful!  Amazing fit and I love their patterns. The fabric feels really durable ... they don't feel as synthetic as a lot of the other printed leggings brands. Never tried Forever21 so I can't compare, but I imagine that they hold up way longer than Forever21 and I love that InYos are made in California.  So for high-quality and made local $58 seems to be a great deal vs buying the really inexpensive ones and needing to replace them after a couple months.  

http://www.inyowear.com/

Also love Liquido - their fabric is like butter... (although their prints aren't my fav and by the time you checkout they're around $80  :wacko: ) 

I really want to try InYo leggings, it says they have a LITE version... they tend to retail for $38. I does mention they can be slightly sheer as they are thinner than the originals ($58 odd - which is still a lot cheaper than a lot of brands!!)..

It says the lites are good for wearing with no underpants but I'm not sure I'd dare walk into a stuido wearing them, the people behind might not appreciate the view  :lol:

So I'm trying to work out whether I could wear thin black leggings underneath, or bike shorts, or something to make it work... 

http://www.inyowear.com/collections/leggies-lite