Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tyrone

Good Exercises For A Beginner

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm really new to yoga and i was just wondering what is a good starting point. I'm not very flexible but want to transform myself to be better and healthier.

Thanks. 

Yogabliss likes this

Welcome to yoga.. I would check out Candace YouTube channel she has such a variety of yoga video and different lengths so there really is something for everyone..

I've copied two links for you which are 20 minute videos for beginners..

Good luck

Yogabliss, Jasmine and Mana like this

Welcome to yoga.. I would check out Candace YouTube channel she has such a variety of yoga video and different lengths so there really is something for everyone..

I've copied two links for you which are 20 minute videos for beginners..

Good luck

Hi,

I'm really new to yoga and i was just wondering what is a good starting point. I'm not very flexible but want to transform myself to be better and healthier.

Thanks. 

Hey there! Here's a playlist for beginners: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8xm_b9xYx_CIynJaYgYbilWO7l-ezL-q

I wouldn't actually recommend the first on Mimi so kindly pasted - it's an error on my part for lack of communication, but that video is more of a video for people who are new to vinyasa which is a very athletic, flowy form of yoga. If you're a true true beginner (i.e. just looking for gentle movements) I would avoid that video. Sorry about that - I get a lot of complaints that it's too tough for beginners (which it is - it isn't meant for beginners and says so in the copy of the blog post) but totally my fault for not wording it the right way in the title  :(

Marshall1123 likes this

Hey there! Here's a playlist for beginners: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8xm_b9xYx_CIynJaYgYbilWO7l-ezL-q

I wouldn't actually recommend the first on Mimi so kindly pasted - it's an error on my part for lack of communication, but that video is more of a video for people who are new to vinyasa which is a very athletic, flowy form of yoga. If you're a true true beginner (i.e. just looking for gentle movements) I would avoid that video. Sorry about that - I get a lot of complaints that it's too tough for beginners (which it is - it isn't meant for beginners and says so in the copy of the blog post) but totally my fault for not wording it the right way in the title  :(

Hi Candace,

Thank you for the playlist. I have had a quick look at it and it looks great for complete beginners like myself.

One of the things I struggle with being new to yoga is (like Tyrone) knowing where to start and how not to over aim my abilities/ capabilities due to lack of knowledge about the difficulties of certain yoga poses. So I am looking forward to having a go at some of these :)

Do  you recommend at the beginning of the week setting a schedule of yoga practice to aim for that week? And if so how do you strike a good balance of strength, flexibility and restorative yoga throughout the week? Should I keep each area separate or combine to get the most out of my practice?

Many thanks,

Amanda