Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ilse

Reach Your Feets

6 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm practicing yoga almost for 6 month for now, and I can reach my feet, and when Im stretching my legs in any yoga asana like staff pose or double leg forward stretch pose, the back of my knees feels like it too thigh and hurts a little. Any excercise to improve my flexibility? Any help will be greatly recived.

Laura likes this

Hi, I'm practicing yoga almost for 6 month for now, and I can reach my feet, and when Im stretching my legs in any yoga asana like staff pose or double leg forward stretch pose, the back of my knees feels like it too thigh and hurts a little. Any excercise to improve my flexibility? Any help will be greatly recived.

Just hanging in rag doll pose is a great option. Let your whole upper body be really heavy. Try it every morning while you're waiting for your water to boil for tea or your eggs to cook or whatever it is you do in the morning where you have a minute or so to just wait around. Just that little bit every morning will make a huge difference over time.

Ilse and sadhamstrings like this

Working on my individual hamstrings always helped me get further in my forward folds.

http://www.sensational-yoga-poses.com/images/modified-compass-hamstring-stretch-6.jpg

like this for example.

Just hanging in rag doll pose is a great option. Let your whole upper body be really heavy. Try it every morning while you're waiting for your water to boil for tea or your eggs to cook or whatever it is you do in the morning where you have a minute or so to just wait around. Just that little bit every morning will make a huge difference over time.

THANKS everyone, I'll do it, and let you know my improvement!

Went to a class this weekend and the instructor suggested I do this to work on loosening up my hamstrings.

h9991305_006_pi.jpg

He suggested also moving leg outward (picture going from 12 o'clock to 2 o'clock) keeping the heel above the toes