Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LarryD517

Montana Lawmaker Moves To Classify Yoga Pants As 'indecent Exposure'

7 posts in this topic

I hope this fails...this is one of the reasons I got interested in yoga in the first place :)

Montana lawmaker moves to classify yoga pants as 'indecent exposure'  
A Montana lawmaker is seeking to strengthen the state's indecent exposure law, stopping just short of his wish to outlaw yoga pants.
Rep. David Moore on Tuesday introduced House Bill 365 in the House Judiciary Committee in response to a group of naked bicyclists who rolled
through Missoula in August...

read more at http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/montana-lawmaker-moves-ban-yoga-pants-article-1.2111137

I had to read that a second time to check that it's not satire! Just........ what?! That guy has a serious chip on his shoulder and boy am I glad I don't live there  :lol:

...I glad I don't live there  

It's not law, it never got out of committee (it was unanimously turned down by the committee), never came up for a vote by the state senate, nor singed into law by the governor.

This is not a reflection of how the entire state thinks, rather merely an idea by one legislator.

I wouldn't cast aspersion on an entire state based on one person's (somewhat out of touch) idea.

Having grown up in the New York area, there are many politicians who I'd not like to be lumped in with nor judged by their (bizarre and over the top) thoughts and whims.

It's not law, it never got out of committee (it was unanimously turned down by the committee), never came up for a vote by the state senate, nor singed into law by the governor.

This is not a reflection of how the entire state thinks, rather merely an idea by one legislator.

I wouldn't cast aspersion on an entire state based on one person's (somewhat out of touch) idea.

Having grown up in the New York area, there are many politicians who I'd not like to be lumped in with nor judged by their (bizarre and over the top) thoughts and whims.

I can't imagine any of that being even entertained for a minute here in politics. Though with our current government, I'm not entirely sure I want to live here either  :P

Could you imagine if it went ahead....?

"Currently, a person convicted of indecent exposure three times could be sentenced to life in jail and up to $10,000. In an effort to promote enforcement of the law, Moore said, the bill lessens that sentencing to not more than five years in jail and $5,000."

Prisons overflowing with illegal tight-pant-wearers  :lol: 

oh gosh no, I understand politicians can sometimes be a special kind of crazy worldwide. I wouldn't want to live *anywhere* that has or proposes such extreme laws, that has nothing to do with everyday citizen who live there. My brother just left New York and he said the people are super nice compared to Australia, where we are.

...My brother just left New York and he said the people are super nice.....

NYers are nice (it's the politicians that are out of their mind...LOL)

NYers are nice (it's the politicians that are out of their mind...LOL)

It sounds like a pretty progressive place, which is why things like this wouldn't have a hope of being enforced haha! I want to take a trip one day, and have my photo taken outside the Seinfeld restaurant!!