Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LarryD517

Hotlinking, Blog Replies And Index Page

3 posts in this topic

• Hotlinking.. http://www.webweaver.nu/html-tips/hotlinking.shtml I believe this forum encourages hotlinking by enabling image linking from other sites...while not allowing (or at least, I haven't been able to find the way to do it) uploading images and hosting them here. It's not a major crime...but rather good form.
  • Blog Replies... Candace's blog is wonderful, but replies to the blog are separate conversations from forum conversations. Forum replies are significantly easier to follow, comment on and search. Blog replies are a nightmare and it's easy to get lost. If it were me, I'd post a link at the end of each blog post encouraging discussions to be had in the forums. Not sure how that would work out...but I found myself searching the blog for a long time to find posts I've made and to see if there were any replies
  • Index Page of Poses... I'd love to see a page with links to all of the poses (instructions and/or videos) that Candace created for reference accessed from a link button at the top of of the site's pages. When I am interested in a move, it's somewhat tough to find if there's a tutorial here...so I end up doing a web search.

Thank!

Hey Larry, 

Greg has received your message and he will write you when he is back from his trip, but just to address this publicly: 

• I'm not the expert on this here, as Greg takes care of the tech side of things as I am super busy with the blog and teaching, but I know that we pay for a certain amount of hosting space, and allowing people to upload images to host on the site here will cost more and it's just not in the budget (yet, staying hopeful!) :) We appreciate people linking to the source of their photo within their post to give the site credit as that's good form.
  • I hear what you're saying, but blog replies shouldn't be a nightmare with Disqus. I believe you can sign into your Disqus account and see all the comments and replies.... Alternatively, you should be able to set it up so when replies are sent to you on a blog, you'll get an email notification. I do try to let people know about the forum once in a while, but I've realized that many people don't have extra time to switch between sites, so a comment directly on the blog (or even on the Facebook page where I promote it) is often easier for people. Further, it's good for SEO to have comments right on the blog. I do love it, though, when people come on and start discussing the topic more in depth over here, and will continue to encourage people to do that. 
  • There is an index of poses on the blog at the top of the page: Yoga >>Yoga Poses or Yoga Videos. I think the reason we can't do what you're suggesting (and again, this is just me not really having a full understanding of the tech side of it, Greg will be able to better explain), is because the forum is not like a blog and we're unable to have an index page like a blog would. Therefore, I have to direct you to the blog for that, unfortunately. Alternatively, you can do a search on the blog itself. There is a search bar on the right hand side right under the 'Yoga Forum' button. And to be honest, when I'm trying to find something I've done before but can't exactly remember when I did it, I'll just google "yogabycandace backbend" or whatever it is I'm looking for and it'll pop right up. That might help as well.

I hope that helps! I appreciate your feedback and your contribution to the YBC Community. I love the supportive group we're creating here. For the forum, it's just Greg and myself running it, so I appreciate your patience until Greg returns from his trip this weekend and can answer your message with more details.