Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
YogaByCandace

What's The Weirdest Health/beauty/fitness Trend You've Heard Of?

12 posts in this topic

I've been hearing of so many strange health/beauty/fitness things people are trying. Steam-cleaning your nether regions (not kidding!), brushing your teeth with dirt, taking charcoal weekly as a cleanse... What are some strange trends you've been hearing people do in the name of health?

Get this:

Lightening your eye color by putting honey in your eyes.

You are supposed to make a solution of distilled water and honey and put it in an eyedropper bottle and 2-3 times a day, you put a drop or two in your eyes. Its for people who want to go from brown eyes to hazel or green.

I've also heard of mothers using breastmilk as a diy facial mask ingredient?

Beyond weird.

YogaByCandace likes this

I watched this youtube vid where this guy is really into the health benefits of urine.  He shaves with his own urine and falls asleep at night in a pee-soaked beanie, because, apparently, it's good for the scalp.  :wacko:

YogaByCandace likes this

When I was in high school there was a fad where teen girls would have diamantes stuck to one of their teeth by beauty salons. When they smiled it made them just look like they had a big hole in their tooth lol.

YogaByCandace likes this

When I was in high school there was a fad where teen girls would have diamantes stuck to one of their teeth by beauty salons. When they smiled it made them just look like they had a big hole in their tooth lol.

haha I remember this trend!!!!

Jasmine likes this

Fish giving your feet a pedicure!!! Apparently some fish like to eat the hard skin off feet!! I love a good pedi but not sure I could stand fish nibbling..

I was so disappointed I didn't get to try that on my last holiday lol

YogaByCandace likes this

Fish giving your feet a pedicure!!! Apparently some fish like to eat the hard skin off feet!! I love a good pedi but not sure I could stand fish nibbling..

Yes! I forgot this existed. I took a picture of this while in Singapore at the "Fish Spa". First time (and last time) I saw it. Pretty funny because this was at the storefront, so everyone passes by and gawks at you while your dead cells are being eaten away.

IMG_00000180.jpg

Cryotherapy Promises to Burn 800 Calories in 3 Minutes

An emerging health trend called Cryotherapy redefines the term “chilling out.” Like something out of a sci-fi movie, the three-minute treatment involves standing in a deep freeze chamber while temps plummet as low as -256 degrees Fahrenheit. The bone-chilling procedure claims to torch up to 800 calories, rev your metabolism, release endorphins, soothe sore muscles, improve sleep, calm inflammation, reduce cellulite, and even reverse the signs of aging...

http://www.shape.com/lifestyle/mind-and-body/cryotherapy-promises-burn-800-calories-3-minutes