Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
YogaByCandace

Rose & Thorn Of The Week

10 posts in this topic

This week on the YBC Newsletter, I'll be starting a Behind the Scenes section that shares a pic from the week as well as my person Rose & Thorn of the week - something good that happened, and something, well, not so good. Just a way to reflect on the week. 

As a way to get to know you all better, I'd love to hear yours as well! The newsletter goes out tomorrow but feel free to share yours now!  :smileys-flowers-719593:

You know, I'm not usually an overly negative person but I can't think of anything good to come from this week  :lol:  we're in the middle of yet another heatwave and I can barely function - so that's the bad news.

I'll give the good news from last week, I gave up a job that I absolutely adored about 2 years ago. I loved it soooo much but left because I was a bit overwhelmed with the hours on top of having a young child, and I never felt quite right since leaving because I missed it. One of my old colleagues called me last week saying there might be a position there and I'm at the top of his list. So I've got my fingers crossed so hard that this comes through. It would be one of the best things to ever happen to me!!

Love your newsletter, I'm on school holidays now and just bought the book you're reading, I loved 'me before you' so let's see what this one is like. Have you enjoyed it Candace?

Anyway, the forum at hand. I just accepted an offer on my London Flat and so now can start moving forward searching and buying my own little cottage in Yorkshire, how amazing would it be if it had a cellar or attic i can convert to a Yoga Studio. Very excited about the prospects ahead... just not the legal paperwork that awaits.

A low this week was how many hours i worked. As an Inclusion Leader/SENCo in a large primary school, i find it VERY hard to leave my work at work, especially as the protection and safety of young children is at the forefront. After a 12 hour day, plus travel, in the car journey home i long for two things, wine and my mat. not necessarily in that order... ;)

You know, I'm not usually an overly negative person but I can't think of anything good to come from this week  :lol:  we're in the middle of yet another heatwave and I can barely function - so that's the bad news.

Lol Jasmine! Mine is the opposite! My thorn is the bitter cold we're having here! It is -26 with the wind chill and I've been stuck with 3 bored kids who can't go outside and rarely go to school because of snow, ice or temperatures! 

My rose is that my oldest son was just accepted into a new competitive travel soccer club. He is so happy and his excitement is contagious! Also, we are all healthy and seem to have missed out on the flu that is going around our area. Yay for small victories! 

We're also in the middle of a heatwave (37C last Friday. That's 98F) in my part of the world, and I am so done with it. This summer has been brutal and has drained me of what little energy I have. I'm feeling very stuck, making next to no progress in my life. I find it so hard to move forward and yet somehow I must. I know I'm just in a low moment of my cycle and that this moment will pass, but it's no fun being where I am at the moment.

YogaByCandace likes this

One of my old colleagues called me last week saying there might be a position there and I'm at the top of his list. So I've got my fingers crossed so hard that this comes through. It would be one of the best things to ever happen to me!!

Fingers crossed for you!!! And hope this week brings good things so you can share at the end of the week  :)

I loved 'me before you' so let's see what this one is like. Have you enjoyed it Candace?

Anyway, the forum at hand. I just accepted an offer on my London Flat and so now can start moving forward searching and buying my own little cottage in Yorkshire, how amazing would it be if it had a cellar or attic i can convert to a Yoga Studio. Very excited about the prospects ahead... just not the legal paperwork that awaits.

A low this week was how many hours i worked. As an Inclusion Leader/SENCo in a large primary school, i find it VERY hard to leave my work at work, especially as the protection and safety of young children is at the forefront. After a 12 hour day, plus travel, in the car journey home i long for two things, wine and my mat. not necessarily in that order... ;)

I finished that book! It was ok - not as good as Me Before You, but still a good, quick read.  :)  Congrats on accepting the offer for your London flat! Onto new things!! 

We're also in the middle of a heatwave (37C last Friday. That's 98F) in my part of the world, and I am so done with it. This summer has been brutal and has drained me of what little energy I have. I'm feeling very stuck, making next to no progress in my life. I find it so hard to move forward and yet somehow I must. I know I'm just in a low moment of my cycle and that this moment will pass, but it's no fun being where I am at the moment.

Wow, that is some INTENSE heat. Where are you, Australia? I'm in Germany and haven't seen in the sun in literally months (typical German winter), so I am envious of you but I am sure that after a day (or an hour, who am I kidding) I would be ready to escape the heat! Hopefully this week will bring somewhat cooler temps. Take care of yourself. Sending a virtual hug!

My rose and thorn of past week are both related to my mother, who died several months ago. The thorn is that I've had to close her bank account, and this simple bureaucratic issue, last one of the very numerous and tortuous things to do in such situations, has given to me an extreme sense of emptiness. 

But I've had a bright rose, also: I've received a few old pictures from my parents’ friend. There is one with my mother and my father when I was a little girl: they were so young, peaceful and happy in those photos and it was sweet and touching to see them in such a beautiful moment. This has brightened up all my memories.

Love this idea! It has been a pretty positive week overall. I guess my thorn would be the fact that my husband is back on shifts which are quite demanding and he is so tired. This is kind of a rose though because he had most of the week off so that he could reset for the shifts.

The big rose this week is that I finally found a job which has been a huge stress since we moved. :)

Good luck on the job offer, Mimi!! Fingers crossed for you.

Rose/Thorn of the day (just shared mine from last week in the newsletter): Rose - actually got up on time and made it to Starbucks where I've got a little makeshift workstation going on since (Thorn) my internet hasn't been installed at the new place yet. -_-