Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mimisouth

Book Recommendations

4 posts in this topic

I'm looking for a book that is a bible of yoga poses that as well as gives modifications will also detail what the pose is good for ie hips, chest openers etc..

I very much follow Candace's YouTube videos which are fabulous but I know I need to work on some specific areas to take my yoga practice to the next level so I would like to create my own sequencing but with specific poses that will target my very tight areas.

Does anyone have any recommendations please?

Laura likes this

Well do I have a recommendation for you! And you'll never be able to guess what it's called  :lol:  See here. You might also want to look at this list of books (22 books for yoga teachers). Ignore that it says it's for teachers - it's really just for people who want to go a bit deeper. There's a little description after each one and there are a couple in there that might work well for you. And this list (18 yoga books for beginners) has some good books that are specific for various parts of the body (shoulders, hips, etc). Hope that helps!

mimisouth likes this

Well do I have a recommendation for you! And you'll never be able to guess what it's called  :lol:  See here. You might also want to look at this list of books (22 books for yoga teachers). Ignore that it says it's for teachers - it's really just for people who want to go a bit deeper. There's a little description after each one and there are a couple in there that might work well for you. And this list (18 yoga books for beginners) has some good books that are specific for various parts of the body (shoulders, hips, etc). Hope that helps!

Well there's a few to keep me going.. Thanks for the recommendations x

I bought the yoga bible and really like it, but the outfits look so outdated - maybe I'm just materialistic, but I'm used to seeing yogis in cute pants and tops - these people look like they are wearing spandex tights that are not flattering - especially the men. The book is well written and easy to follow, other than the old fashioned yoga look :3:

mimisouth likes this