AmandaFieldRD

Big Yoga Festival

5 posts in this topic

I've been to Yoga Journal Live - it's a relatively big (I lost count at around 70 students in a class I was in) weekend of yoga put on throughout various cities. Ummm. It was ok. From a teacher's perspective it was great to take classes from the "famous" teachers that are always featured in YJ and other media. It was nice to just be a student. And I was with a friend, which was a fun time. We actually had a blast and made a big weekend out of it, but the actual weekend of yoga itself? It didn't...hmmm how do I say this... quench my soul. It took place at a hotel (albeit a very nice hotel), but a hotel nonetheless so yoga in a conference room, meh. And it was pretty expensive ($110 for one class plus $25 for parking). I guess I sort of feel that with this large scale events something really sweet and special is lost. :/

yogajedi, YogiRishi and Yogabliss like this

Wanderlust was on this weekend in Sydney, and I had major envy seeing photos all weekend! But in reality I do think it would be just an experience, rather than deepening my yoga practice (which I guess is what Candance said?) I'm very spoilt with small class sizes, practising with my mat just a couple inches from someone else would be distracting.

I had the chance to attend Bhakti fest last summer in California and I thought it was amazing it goes on for 5 days an there is so much to do , During the day there are different yoga classes to attend anything from restorative to acro yoga and different meditation classes as well, there is a food area where everything you get is made at the moment and organic , most of it is vegan or vegetarian , as the sun goes down there are some sun setting yoga classes that are great , and at night there is this concert like area where you get all the different musicians and artist performing and it turns into a big dancing part that goes on for a lon,long time , the energy is incredible and I forgot to mention that all this takes place in the desert , whit the most beautiful open spaces , don't worry there is a lot of shade and you get to experience the great sunset views and at night the magnificent desert sky filled with stars , it is just great , and they offer different types of accommodation, going from camping and RV areas to bungalow style rentals or there are always a ton of little hotels close by in Josgua tree or Yucca valley

In case you decide that you got your festival dose and feel like exploring, you have Joshua tree national park right there , with tons of great hiking options or rock climbing

This is an amazing festival yo which I am planning to attend again this year an I truly recommend it

YogiRishi and yogajedi like this