MrBalloonHands

Yoga Clothes For Men

46 posts in this topic

Now I know there aren't nearly as many yoga clothing options for men as there are for women, but I really like my Yoga Crow Shorts. 

What yoga brands do you like for men?

Do you have any favorite brand/style of shirts or shorts?

My personal favorite shorts are from Nike Running. They make a few different 2-in-1 shorts with the built in compression, in a variety of lengths. I like the 9" and 7" most of the time. I usually search on eBay or check out the local Nike outlet stores, and never pay more than $30. 

I've been wondering the same thing recently. I currently just use compression shorts, athletic shorts and pretty much any tshirt. I have beenthinking about getting a few yoga specific shirts though. Any advice?

I am kind of a Nike loyalist... haha. They make some great shirts for their running line – even really soft v-necks. Dick's Sporting Goods is having a buy one get one free sale this week (at least in my city) on all clearance, and there is a ton of good stuff for yoga. 

Really, any running clothing is good. There are so many different brands to choose from, it just comes down to what you like the most. 

Also, I just can't justify spending that much on Lululemon... yet. 

MrBalloonHands likes this

I've heard good things about Thai fisherman pants, but there doesn't seem to be compression help and I'm not sure that the material is sweat wicking enough. Does anyone have direct experience with them?

I've heard good things about Thai fisherman pants, but there doesn't seem to be compression help and I'm not sure that the material is sweat wicking enough. Does anyone have direct experience with them?

I have heard that, too! But have never tried them. I am shorter, so most pants are too long. I wonder if these would be a good athletic alternative, especially for the sweat wicking. I didn't even know they made these until I was searching for 3/4 length. There are a bunch of Thai fisherman pants on ebay for pretty cheap, too - so I might just order some and see.

All I wear is just regular old gym shorts and a t-shirt. Although the shirt is quite an issue falling in my face in down dog. Options are very slim for us that is for sure.

I'm a big fan of Prana. It's on the expensive end but I found the functionality and quality justify the price.  I've got two pairs of these

http://www.prana.com/sutra-pant.html?color=raisin and couldn't be happier.  I also got the Yoga Crow shorts on Greg's recommendation and love them. 

There's a company on Amazon that has some shirts I really like for a great price:

http://www.amazon.com/Blend-V-neck-Shirt-Large-Charcoal/dp/B00K0PNZ70/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417566698&sr=8-1&keywords=yoga+shirt+mens

In general, the market doesn't seem great for men's yoga clothing but I think it'll expand as more men get into it.

sadhamstrings and Scott like this

Hi Guys

If you are after Yoga pants for men, check out www.warriorone.com.au mens pants designed by men $79.95 so not expensive.

Helo. I typically wear gym shorts with a pair of long legged compression shorts underneath.This gives me confidence I am not "showing off". lol 

However, I just found a great pair of yoga specific shorts. Go Here: 

http://www.yoga-addict.com/men-yoga-shorts-pants-ideal-for-any-yoga-style-ashtanga-bikram-hot-yoga-hatha

They are fitted, but not compression, and made out of cotton blend (94% Cotton, 6% Spandex), not unlike sweatshirt material, but more elastic. I paid $36.

For Bikram I use a Wonderjock Pro Hipster ( Aussiebum ) with some thin short running shorts over it, no tee. For outside Flow pratice, I like the Nike Pro Combat Ultralight slider; they are actually soccer shorts but give great support, flexibility and great ventilation. Any tight ( 100 % cotton) halter top is fine for me. 

YogaByCandace likes this

I'm a big fan of Prana. 

I've tried three different prAna pants. Here is my review...

• The Sutra pant (the one Todd recommended above) is made from hemp. It doesn't breath that well and felt warm, nor does it wick the moisture, so after a while the pants felt wet. In addition, the first time I laundered it, I had micro fibers on the rest of my clothing. A second wash removed the fibers from the other laundry and the pants only shed the first time, so it's not a big deal...just make sure you launder it the first time on its own. The pants were comfortable. I ended up returning it to Prana (excellent customer service). The pants were okay, but I didn't love them (I need breathability)
  • The Setu pant is very comfortable and stretchy. It feels most like pajamas. I like them, it wicks okay, but after a class the moisture builds up on the fabric. The only (minor) annoyance is it's too stretchy. When you put it on, if you catch your toes on the fabric (while pulling it up) it will stretch, not slide...so you have to fight it to get it on (I never put on panty hose but I imagine that's what the gals go through). It can get a bit warm as it doesn't breath as well as the Vargas. It has a small flip up pocket that sits at the hip, so when I put my building's key card in the pocket, it bothered me when I folded.
  • The Vargas is my favorite. It's very light (the lightest of the three, even though the others aren't that heavy). It feels the coolest, I never feel warm and it's the best at wicking moisture. It has a zipped pocket on the side that doesn't interfere as the Setu's pocket does. The pocket is a bit larger, although you're really not going to put stuff in your pocket all that often. Clearly, of the three I like the Vargas the best, although you won't be dissatisfied with either of the options.

You can buy direct from prAna or pay the same price with free shipping at Zappos or Amazon Prime (although prAna see less money this way). 

All three are cut in a conservative style so you won't look foolish.

As my legs tend to sweat I don't like wearing shorts as the mat would end up getting wet. prAna sells nickers, but I think dudes look silly wearing them.

There really doesn't seem to be great choices for mens pants (I clicked to see what Lululemon had, but I'm not going to pay $100 if I love the prAna selection at $70).  I'm not a big fan of paying $70 for anything, but I'm very satisfied with the Vargas, I really don't think it pays to try a cheap pair.

Not sure of the waist height (I'm tall) but I would review the post immediately above your post. Call Prana, they have excellent customer service. 

Trying to solve this problem for myself, got some loose drawstring yoga trousers for men off Amazon (UK) which work to a point. They are stretchy and it's nice to not have to worry about pulling up the material in tree pose etc. However they don't have any pockets which is really annoying for getting to/from classes. Also they are a bit too baggy if anything.

22 hours ago, LarryD517 said:

Not sure of the waist height (I'm tall) but I would review the post immediately above your post. Call Prana, they have excellent customer service. 

Larry, thank you very much for your advice! :)

I catch up on yoga pants by Prana. However, I believe that they are not high-waisted. Nevertheless, I will contact Prana.

12 hours ago, robert said:

Trying to solve this problem for myself, got some loose drawstring yoga trousers for men off Amazon (UK) which work to a point. They are stretchy and it's nice to not have to worry about pulling up the material in tree pose etc. However they don't have any pockets which is really annoying for getting to/from classes. Also they are a bit too baggy if anything.

Robert, thanks for your recommendation! :-) Are they high-waisted?

Best!

On 2/21/2016 at 6:01 AM, HGB said:

I am looking for high-waisted yoga pants for men...

On 2/21/2016 at 7:12 AM, LarryD517 said:

Not sure of the waist height ...

1 hour ago, HGB said:

I catch up on yoga pants by Prana. However, I believe that they are not high-waisted..

These are the Prana pants I recommend

Capture.thumb.JPG.aaaf7c399c488e8c9d62c6

On 10/15/2014 at 9:23 PM, MrBalloonHands said:

Now I know there aren't nearly as many yoga clothing options for men as there are for women, but I really like my Yoga Crow Shorts. 

What yoga brands do you like for men?

Do you have any favorite brand/style of shirts or shorts?

There'a actually a huge selection for yoga gears for men although maybe not as "fashionable" as those yoga pants and crop tops catered for women. Also most men are not really that picky when it comes to sports wear, as long as its breathable and comfy they're good to go, or maybe most men I encounter with are not as picky as women :) 

Some shops that sells men's yoga clothing are AloYoga.com, TheUpsideShop.com, even big brands like Old Navy has a section for men's yoga clothing. Another option is instagram and Facebook, there are a lot of online seller in that platform.