MrBalloonHands

Yoga Clothes For Men

46 posts in this topic

On 22.2.2016 at 1:48 PM, LarryD517 said:

These are the Prana pants I recommend

Capture.thumb.JPG.aaaf7c399c488e8c9d62c6

Thank you very much, LarryD! :-)

On 23.2.2016 at 3:25 AM, JaeRustia said:

There'a actually a huge selection for yoga gears for men although maybe not as "fashionable" as those yoga pants and crop tops catered for women. Also most men are not really that picky when it comes to sports wear, as long as its breathable and comfy they're good to go, or maybe most men I encounter with are not as picky as women :) 

Some shops that sells men's yoga clothing are AloYoga.com, TheUpsideShop.com, even big brands like Old Navy has a section for men's yoga clothing. Another option is instagram and Facebook, there are a lot of online seller in that platform.

Thanks, JaeRustia! :-) AloYoga provides nice pants. Unfortunately, I don't find the TheUpsideShop.

Best

Hello! :)

As a man I wonder what kind of underwear is best for yoga? My normal boxer shorts (normal trunks by H&M) have a quite tight waistband. :mellow: That is not so comfortable when I practice yoga. :( One size bigger is not an option ... I tried that. :lol:

Best! :)

My husband has running shorts 7" or longer that have built in underwear that he likes to use to run and workout in.  After using them for the first time, he said, "Wow, these are life changing!" haha.  I mentioned this story / recommendation in chat a few months ago to @scottcraft - I don't know if his life has changed yet, though? :D

If it's cold outside, sometimes just wear shorts underneath some baggier long pants, and then it's easy to just pull them off and on without having to change.

This may not help you at all though if you want to wear long pants during class.

scottcraft and HGB like this

4 hours ago, yogafire said:

My husband has running shorts 7" or longer that have built in underwear that he likes to use to run and workout in.  After using them for the first time, he said, "Wow, these are life changing!" haha.  I mentioned this story / recommendation in chat a few months ago to @scottcraft - I don't know if his life has changed yet, though? :D

If it's cold outside, sometimes just wear shorts underneath some baggier long pants, and then it's easy to just pull them off and on without having to change.

This may not help you at all though if you want to wear long pants during class.

Lol. No, my life hasn't changed yet! I haven't bought anything new to practice in. I'm interested in those style shorts though. 

HGB likes this

On 20.3.2016 at 7:26 PM, yogafire said:

Haha ... your husband is funny. It is worth a try! :P

Sometimes I have knee problems, so I am looking for long pants that support the knee ...

I see, so many dilemmas!

you could also try the shorts and on weak days, wrap an ace bandage around the knee or get some support straps. My runner friends have used this (no idea if it'll address your issue): http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Tec-Athletics-Patellar-Tendon-Strap/dp/B004AOGA56

Adding straps may be more annoying though, and I think running long pants would be too loose to offer any support.

HGB likes this

I tried the shorts. It is really comfortable! :-) Sometimes a tighter pant would be better. I am searching ...

yogafire likes this

Hi.

I saw an interesting Swedish brand called b-light. I prefer to wear not synthetic and they have organic. Match my soul better. :-)

Its a store for men and yoga. Link here: https://b-light.se/organic-clothing/men/

I got Haddi and Mukta from that store and I can recommend it. Very comfortable.

Good luck!

Hello :)

so I wore the shorts multiple times.:) However, I am looking for stretch shorts because the material of my current shorts is in some poses uncomfortable. Any suggestions? ;)

Best!

Hello :-)

in the the downward faing dog my tank top (H&M; small) slips towards the shoulders and shows more than you like others to see. Tuck the top in my pants is not a solution ... is not fashionable.

Best and thanks!

My dad (a kayaker) relies on Under Armour shirts and compression tights/shorts (I can't remember if it's shorts or tights. I'm not going to dig through his drawers) when he's kayaking. I'm not sure if it'll with yoga, but the compression keeps circulation going when he kayaks. I wear Champion gear which I think they also do a men's line?

If you don't mind spending a little more and want pockets, consider looking into men's equestrian tights. Equestrian tights come with good compression, often have two pockets on each outer thigh, come double crotched (the beauty of those suckers, I tell ye) and are made in fabrics that don't freaking hold sweat because, yea, horses. The only downfall to them is breeches/tights often come with suede inner knee patches so an equestrian's thighs/knees aren't rubbed raw from the saddle. Here's a good option for men that is fashionable and has a pocket:

http://www.rackerswear.com/collections/store/products/mens-reflect-o-endurance-riding-tights

You know, I kind of want the women's version of this...NO. NO. I don't need anymore riding tights. Step away from the computer Katie. Step awaaaaaaaaaaaay.

HGB likes this

On August 12, 2016 at 0:39 PM, HGB said:

Hello :-)

in the the downward faing dog my tank top (H&M; small) slips towards the shoulders and shows more than you like others to see. Tuck the top in my pants is not a solution ... is not fashionable.

Best and thanks!

My shirts tend to ride up so to speak in downward dog and poses like that. I would rather it not, especially since I've got quite the pot belly right now, but I figure no one is paying attention to me so I don't worry about it. 

HGB likes this

I have a few higher end (expensive) Lululemon shirts that hold that their form better during inversions. they have an elastic tighter fit at the mid section  

I can't afford them, but my family can...they use my charge card to buy it for me as a gift...LOL

Just tuck the shirt in, end of story.

If one is worried about appearing fashionable, a tucked in shirt (which has been "in style" for the last few hundred years ...with the short term trendy exception of the last few months) looks far better than an exposed gut. No one is paying attention to other's fashion sense during downward dog, but if you want to impress people, untuck it at the end of the class.

HGB likes this

@LarryD517 I'm with you. I tuck it in. When you ride a horse, it's imperative you tuck in your shirt. If you were to fall, a loose shirt could get caught in the stirrups (or reins) and you could get dragged (uh, ow?) Sometimes loose shirts spook horses or some enterprising, naughty horse will grab onto it to get your attention. Exercise = shirt tucked into breeches/tights/exercise pants/etc.

@HGB  For knee support, I like Rambo knee supports. Again, equestrian stuff, but they are the only things to fully get this lupus girls' knees unswollen after an intense horse lesson. Some equestrian's I know prefer the Back on Track Knee Supports. You can probably find them a tiny bit cheaper on Amazon, but I practically live at the Dover Saddlery store, so I gave you that link.

http://www.doversaddlery.com/cotton-rope-hay-net/p/X1-027918/

HGB likes this

@LarryD517 You are funny. :D Okay, I will tuck my shirt into pants.

@KateZena I will buy Rambo knee support ... looks pretty good. :-)

@scottcraft Maybe I have to eat and drink more. So I will have a pot belly, too. Haha ... it will prevent that my shirt rides up. :D

Best!

LarryD517 likes this

@HGB I love them. I like that one side of the support is slightly bigger so that's the side that's goes on your upper thigh. They mold very well. I don't know what it is, but I can't find things for regular people that work well; the best things I've found are for equestrians (my favorite ice packs are for equestrians too.)

Sorry for my nice bruised up legs (horses, they love to give ya bruises), but yea, here's how lovely they are. I live in them on Wednesdays.

rambo.jpg

HGB likes this

On 2.08.2015 at 1:16 AM, LarryD517 said:

I've tried three different prAna pants. Here is my review...

• The Sutra pant (the one Todd recommended above) is made from hemp. It doesn't breath that well and felt warm, nor does it wick the moisture, so after a while the pants felt wet. In addition, the first time I laundered it, I had micro fibers on the rest of my clothing. A second wash removed the fibers from the other laundry and the pants only shed the first time, so it's not a big deal...just make sure you launder it the first time on its own. The pants were comfortable. I ended up returning it to Prana (excellent customer service). The pants were okay, but I didn't love them (I need breathability)
  • The Setu pant is very comfortable and stretchy. It feels most like pajamas. I like them, it wicks okay, but after a class the moisture builds up on the fabric. The only (minor) annoyance is it's too stretchy. When you put it on, if you catch your toes on the fabric (while pulling it up) it will stretch, not slide...so you have to fight it to get it on (I never put on panty hose but I imagine that's what the gals go through). It can get a bit warm as it doesn't breath as well as the Vargas. It has a small flip up pocket that sits at the hip, so when I put my building's key card in the pocket, it bothered me when I folded.
  • The Vargas is my favorite. It's very light (the lightest of the three, even though the others aren't that heavy). It feels the coolest, I never feel warm and it's the best at wicking moisture. It has a zipped pocket on the side that doesn't interfere as the Setu's pocket does. The pocket is a bit larger, although you're really not going to put stuff in your pocket all that often. Clearly, of the three I like the Vargas the best, although you won't be dissatisfied with either of the options.

You can buy direct from prAna or pay the same price with free shipping at Zappos or Amazon Prime (although prAna see less money this way). 

All three are cut in a conservative style so you won't look foolish.

As my legs tend to sweat I don't like wearing shorts as the mat would end up getting wet. prAna sells nickers, but I think dudes look silly wearing them.

There really doesn't seem to be great choices for mens pants (I clicked to see what Lululemon had, but I'm not going to pay $100 if I love the prAna selection at $70).  I'm not a big fan of paying $70 for anything, but I'm very satisfied with the Vargas, I really don't think it pays to try a cheap pair.

I couldn't agree more! I also tried all of them and stayed with Vargas. They are a little expensive but being comfortable is worth it.