Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
YogaByCandace

There's An App For That!

5 posts in this topic

Hey everyone! We're starting a new series on the blog called There's an App for That. Each month will have a different theme, and I wanted to have a place to discuss our favorite apps over here on the forum, so this is that spot! Your picks don't necessarily have to have anything to do with yoga - anything you love we'd love to hear!

Yogabliss likes this

Sleep Cycle alarm clock! You place it under your sheet while you sleep (put it in airplane mode if you're worried about sleeping with your phone) and it can sense when you're moving about, you can set it to wake you up within a half an hour time period for when you're not in a deep sleep. Then you can look at the graph for the previous night to see how well you slept. I find that part a bit unhelpful as I rarely sleep well and it ends up making me frustrated but the actual alarm which wakes you when you're already stirring is really good.

Retailmenot is a pretty cool app for coupons. You just type in the store and if there are any coupons it pops them up.  (My only caveat would be that if you shop somewhere a lot, check to see if they have an app with coupons. I work in retail and nine times out of ten the store's app has better coupons than are currently on Retailmenot, but overall it's pretty awesome.)

Songza is my favorite music app. It's like a little music butler :)

SAM is kind of a cool app that I haven't truly gotten started using yet. It's for social anxiety (social anxiety management, maybe?) & it has some little activities to do if you're having an anxiety attack and has ways to monitor the patterns of your anxiety. There might be more to it, but I haven't gone far enough yet to really see. There's a little breathing wheel activity I have used a couple times.

YogaByCandace likes this

I really want to know what is a good app for calendars. I've downloaded 3 or 4 and none of them really do what I want. I want them to be compatable with outlook so I don't have to retype everything in. I want it to have an easy to read look and in week, day, Month. also, I'd love one that has an easy to use note taking function as well as to do list.....

Great idea, thanks!

YogaByCandace likes this