juliewa

Do You Keep A Schedule?

10 posts in this topic

I'm trying to get my life organized and I was interested to see if anyone had a really good system they liked.

I currently have two jobs and go to school part-time, so homework and yoga are about the only other things I do, but I'm also joining a gym to stop by after work.

I keep my work schedule in my phone calendar and also keep a physical calendar with my school schedule in it, but I haven't yet successfully found a way to schedule the "soft" items like yoga, homework, studying, laundry, etc. This week I'm trying just writing it all out and trying to stick to it, but I'm not sure I will.

Anyone super organized/have a system that works for you?

YogaByCandace likes this

I am trying to get more organized as my workload grows. I have a planner I use and love. It really helps keep things organized. And I am a big fan of to-do lists for all the 'soft' items. I'm finding as I get older little things are slipping my mind (remembering to email so-and-so, take the laundry out, etc) so I put that all on my to-do list. And crossing things off the list is my favorite thing ever :24:

hannelore, juliewa, Thomas and 4 others like this

I tend to find if I have an obsessive routine I'm much more productive as well as better at looking after myself in terms of exercise and just taking time out to do things I enjoy. 

Example, in the mornings (after my coffee, of course) I find it easier to get up and straight away start tidying up, making beds, walk the dog, etc. So I know I come home to a clean house and a happy dog. I used to do my yoga in the mornings but I'm beginning to find it helps me a little bit with sleeping so I use it as my 'wind down' at the end of the day. 

Laundry... well.. I have no idea how these people in my household create so much so what I do is every second day just about I'm doing a full load and I make sure that when I take them off the clothesline I'm folding them and putting them away immediately because I used to have baskets of clean laundry all over the house driving me crazy lol.

Lorelei and AngelaDarling like this

I find it extremely difficult to stick to a schedule when I'm travelling on vacation.  I just got back from iceland and it feels like I haven't done yoga in ages!

I love all lists, to do lists, shopping lists, household chores, household jobs. My husband thinks I'm obsessed!! For work I have a normal diary and write in each day the jobs I have to accomplish.. This way I can put regular jobs throughout the entire year!,

Thanks guys, you all sound way more organized than I am, it's inspiring :)

I just started doing something called Bullet Journaling. It's pretty interesting, it seems flexible/adjustable enough that I might be able to stick with it.

I love to cross stuff off a To Do list!  I've tried a few apps on my phone to help organize myself too.  Lots of them are too time intensive for me, but I finally found one that I like.  Evernote.  I can do bulleted lists (and delete finished tasks instead of crossing them off!!).  Another nice option is to take a picture of something and stick it in there.  There are a lot of options, and I make a ton of lists.  I love that I can set an alarm on lists for relevant deadline dates or updates.  I even added an ongoing grocery list.  Since my phone is always with me, it works great.  This app is user-friendly enough to add a quick note while at a stoplight too....which is when I usually remember something that needs to be done, for some reason.  Good luck with your quest of a more organized path!

brenskip55 likes this

I have trouble keeping up with it, but I tried bullet journaling and it's an interesting system. It's also nice because you are also able to keep pages for random stuff if you want. I think I'm better organized with a planner designed for myself to be honest, but if you want an individualized and varying approach, bullet journaling is cool.