Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yogabliss

Coconut Oil

21 posts in this topic

I purchased a jar of unrefined coconut oil because I had read that it would be beneficial to feed a little bit of it every day to my dogs , and so it has after a few weeks I started to see the fifference, healthy skin and shinny coats , that was when I did some more research and started to try it on my self , at night jus saving a little bit under my eyes and what a difference , before I was trying every under eye night cream in the makers and after trying the coconut oil I will not go back , my skin is so soft and hydrated , I'm also using it after a shower just rub a little bit at my hair ends and they arw starting to feel smooth and look healthier, if you decide to try it make sure to get unrefined cold pressed coconut oil that way you are getting it in its purest form and you take advance of all the benefits it provides , in cold climate it will be solid in a white pearl like color , but all you need to do is warm it up for a second and it will turn into oil easy to use.

Do you guys have any more natural skin remedies would love to read abou them :)

I purchased a jar of unrefined coconut oil because I had read that it would be beneficial to feed a little bit of it every day to my dogs , and so it has after a few weeks I started to see the fifference, healthy skin and shinny coats , that was when I did some more research and started to try it on my self , at night jus saving a little bit under my eyes and what a difference , before I was trying every under eye night cream in the makers and after trying the coconut oil I will not go back , my skin is so soft and hydrated , I'm also using it after a shower just rub a little bit at my hair ends and they arw starting to feel smooth and look healthier, if you decide to try it make sure to get unrefined cold pressed coconut oil that way you are getting it in its purest form and you take advance of all the benefits it provides , in cold climate it will be solid in a white pearl like color , but all you need to do is warm it up for a second and it will turn into oil easy to use.

I 100% agree!!! I absolutely love coconut oil! Have you ever seen My Big Fat Greek Wedding where the dad puts Windex on everything as the cure-all?! That's how I am with coconut oil! Got a rash? Put some coconut oil! Have dry hair? Put some coconut oil! Need some sunblock? Put some coconut oil! (It actually works, I did my front, and forgot my back and got SO BURNT on my back but was totally fine on the front!)

I've also been giving it to my dog on his food and have made an under eye cream using it and lavender essential oil. I love it!

I absolutely love essential oil and have used jojoba oil as the carrier. I haven't tried coconut oil as the carrier but it's a great idea!

Yogabliss likes this

I just started oil pulling about 2 weeks ago and it has blown my mind! So much so I am telling everyone about it. I have read about the other uses for it but haven't out them into practice yet. I will now for sure!

Yogabliss likes this

When you say under eye cream, do you just put it under your eyes at night and leave it there? Does it reduce dark circles?

I absolutely love essential oil and have used jojoba oil as the carrier. I haven't tried coconut oil as the carrier but it's a great idea!

I just got some jojoba oil and add a little lavender and frankensince  essential oil and some vitamin e oil for my face. I love the way it feels.

Has anyone tried using coconut oil to work on keratin buildup (keratosis pilaris)? I've decided to really start working on mine since I'm pretty much over the back of my arms looking like a war zone, but I'm pretty sure the over-the-counter stuff with like 12% lactic acid will just destroy my skin. I've heard of people using coconut oil, so I'm going to give it a try.

Yogabliss likes this

Hi Laceyd

Yes , only dab a little with your finger under your eyes, I normally just put it at night few mins before bed so it get a chance to absorb, and my skin is a lot former and softer and hydrated, not sure about the dark circles ,but it is indeed a very good moisturizer :)

laceyd likes this

Juilewa

just did a facial exfoliation mixing coconut oil and baking soda and my face felt amazing afterwards, it felt super clean and soft , so I would recommend it :)

laceyd and yogagrammy like this

Juilewa

just did a facial exfoliation mixing coconut oil and baking soda and my face felt amazing afterwards, it felt super clean and soft , so I would recommend it :)

What was the mix ratio you used?
Laura and Yogabliss like this

Juilewa

Wow! I'm going to try this! I'm into anything I can make myself so I know what is going on my skin.

Yogabliss likes this

Laceyd.

I used 1 table spoon of coconut oil and 2 table spoons of baking soda, just enough so that I wast too hard or too runny

laceyd likes this

I've been experimenting making shower scrubs with epsom salt, coconut oil and essential oils - working on the scents but I love that you can scrub and moisturize your body at the same time, especially after a long day.

Turi, Yogabliss and laceyd like this

I'm a little late to the party, but I too was like "maybe I should put this on my face" and I LOVE it. My pillow smells like coconut too (I use it as a night cream/makeup remover) so that's an added bonus ;) I haven't used it for much else other than skin and hair though.

laceyd and Yogabliss like this

I'm gonna start using it in my hair and on my skin. I have only used it in food and for oiling pulling.Thanks for the tips!

Yogabliss likes this

I tried oil pulling with coconut oil last night and it took a bit of getting used To!! I also tried the exfoliator but I found it a bit too harsh on my face but it was great for a hand exfoliator.. I will try it as a eye cream.. Not sure about entirely on my face yet though!

Yogabliss likes this

I love coconut oil as well! I have not tried oil pulling, but it is something I keep coming around to, so I may give it a try soon. My favorite way to use coconut oil is as an eye makeup remover. I love that even if I get some on the rim of my eye it doesn't burn or hurt, and it removes even the toughest waterproof mascara! I rinse it all off and my eyes feel so supple and soft. Love, love it! :)

MrBalloonHands, Yogabliss and Laura like this