Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stephanie

Knee Pains In Pigeon Pose

3 posts in this topic

Hey everyone!

I have been doing Candace's back bend project and I chose pigeon pose as my pose. And I did not have any trouble with it until now.

So as of last week I have incorporated weight training for lower body twice a week. I was not able to do as much yoga as I wanted because I do pilates as well, however last night I did some yoga and my knee hurt pretty bad in pigeon pose....

I haven't had problems with this pose whatsoever but after doing gym training, my knees are tight and in pain. However it only happened in this pose, the pain. I don't have pain walking or running, even while doing squats.

Can someone please tell me how I alleviate the knee pain? I was getting so good at the pose but this knee pain really held me back, I was so disappointed.

I guess I just started out with too much weight at the gym which is why my knees are sore <_<

I would suggest taking a break from pigeon pose for now. It could just be that your muscles are extra sore and tight from the extra training. This can put extra tension and pressures to different parts of the leg, especially the knee. Remember to always stay in a pain free range when doing yoga. I bet after some days and time for your body to recover and adjust to the extra weight training that this problem will go away. 

If you are frustrated because you don't want to fall behind in your pose you chose for the project, just mentally let it go and pick up where you left off once your knee has had time to calm down and feels back to normal. 

Life is full of ups and downs. This may be a minor set back, but by years end you may be in a place where your pigeon pose it the best it has ever been. Life is full of unexpected things. All the best!  :cheers:

PaulaH, Stephanie and starslight like this

I would suggest taking a break from pigeon pose for now. It could just be that your muscles are extra sore and tight from the extra training. This can put extra tension and pressures to different parts of the leg, especially the knee. Remember to always stay in a pain free range when doing yoga. I bet after some days and time for your body to recover and adjust to the extra weight training that this problem will go away. 

If you are frustrated because you don't want to fall behind in your pose you chose for the project, just mentally let it go and pick up where you left off once your knee has had time to calm down and feels back to normal. 

Life is full of ups and downs. This may be a minor set back, but by years end you may be in a place where your pigeon pose it the best it has ever been. Life is full of unexpected things. All the best!  :cheers:

Good advice, thank you so much :)