Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
melinda

Crow Pose And Pain In My Spine.

2 posts in this topic

Hello Candace! When i train on  Crow pose, i get bruise on the upper arms and knees,is this normal? Have noticed that after i have been practicing yoga,i get hurt just next to the spine between the shoulder blades, so does hurt when i pull my shoulders back and up. Wondering what it could be? Could it be an inflammation of my spine or is it just tight muscles? What can i do about it? Hope you get this. Melinda.

Hello Candace! When i train on  Crow pose, i get bruise on the upper arms and knees,is this normal? Have noticed that after i have been practicing yoga,i get hurt just next to the spine between the shoulder blades, so does hurt when i pull my shoulders back and up. Wondering what it could be? Could it be an inflammation of my spine or is it just tight muscles? What can i do about it? Hope you get this. Melinda.

Hi there! I can't say for certain what is causing the pain in the spine. We always want to avoid any kind of actual pain, so I would suggest resting for a few days or even weeks. Yes, it is normal for some people to bruise a bit in the arms from the weight of the knees, but keep in mind we don't want to rest the knees there, we want to feel a lifting motion through the core and intercostal muscles to hold up the weight of the legs. Over time, you'll build the strength and the bruising will be less and less. 

MrBalloonHands and melinda like this