Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
krystaLEE37

Post Meditative High

3 posts in this topic

Hi all :) I don't have a question this morning, I am just feeling amazed at the post meditative/yoga workout high! I am somewhat new to all of this (around 6 months-ish) and am a recovering addict. Having been dependent on chemicals in the past, I never thought I would never be able to feel a natural high as I was so numb inside when first getting sober a year ago. I can't even compare drugs & alcohol to the way I feel after doing a nice strenuous yoga workout ended with savasana followed by meditation. And who would guess that something that feels this good has absolutely NO negative effects or consequences! I am just feeling so peaceful, the perfect way to start my morning :) I am super grateful that I was able to open my mind to this lifestyle. Some people need Alcoholics Anonymous or Narc. Anonymous as their daily medicine to stay sober, and I was told for a long time that those options were the only way one can possibly stay sober and I feel that is definitely false, because yoga and meditation are the keys to my living a healthy life. And I am super super grateful for that!! Just wanted to share how I am feeling this morning with like-minded people :D Have a wonderful Thursday everybody!

Hi all :) I don't have a question this morning, I am just feeling amazed at the post meditative/yoga workout high! I am somewhat new to all of this (around 6 months-ish) and am a recovering addict. Having been dependent on chemicals in the past, I never thought I would never be able to feel a natural high as I was so numb inside when first getting sober a year ago. I can't even compare drugs & alcohol to the way I feel after doing a nice strenuous yoga workout ended with savasana followed by meditation. And who would guess that something that feels this good has absolutely NO negative effects or consequences! I am just feeling so peaceful, the perfect way to start my morning :) I am super grateful that I was able to open my mind to this lifestyle. Some people need Alcoholics Anonymous or Narc. Anonymous as their daily medicine to stay sober, and I was told for a long time that those options were the only way one can possibly stay sober and I feel that is definitely false, because yoga and meditation are the keys to my living a healthy life. And I am super super grateful for that!! Just wanted to share how I am feeling this morning with like-minded people :D Have a wonderful Thursday everybody!

I have quit alcohol and drugs too since I found yoga to be a better 'high' for me. I'm happy you came across that self discovery / Realization :)

:13: I just got goose bumps reading your posts. That's so amazing, well done both of you! And well done for listening to your intuition and going out there and finding something that works for you. That must have taken a lot of strength and courage  :13: