YogaByCandace

March Yoga Project

61 posts in this topic

Candace, I got a great idea for the March project ....Savasana (with a pillow under the head) while binge watching House of Cards (season 3).

That's what I have planned

LOVE house of cards - do you know when it'll be released?! 

Candace, I got a great idea for the March project ....Savasana (with a pillow under the head) while binge watching House of Cards (season 3).

That's what I have planned

im already one episode down...nothing is getting accomplished this weekend  :53: 

going to improve supported headstand this month

Meugenio and YogaByCandace like this

I'm spending this weekend at work, so jealous of all you lucky people watching HoC!

I'm very happy I stumbled upon YBC just in time for March challenge though - can't wait!

pony and YogaByCandace like this

im already one episode down...nothing is getting accomplished this weekend  :53: 

going to improve supported headstand this month

Now on episode 5 of season 3! I'm pacing myself so I don't feel so guilty about being a couch potato this weekend!

YogaByCandace likes this

Haha you guys are cracking me up w HoC! Finished episode 2 last night.... Ready for Doug to get back in the White House. Maybe we need to make a TV thread so we can chat about it

.... Ready for Doug ...

Be careful of spoilers.

A thread on the topic runs the risk of someone who hadn't watched it yet from inadvertently seeing something.

All I'm going to say is there's a pretty controversial event which might/will offend many.

YogaByCandace likes this

Candace, would you be so kind to put schedule for monday here for all of us that practise in the morning and live in Europe? :)

Sure, here ya go: 

Monday, March 2, 2015

Oops - this is Candace on Greg's computer :47: 

Meugenio, Reggi, katyk and 2 others like this

I picked dancer's pose - nowhere near strong enough for headstands and such.

Also, I thought I was doing ok flexibility - wise, but then came the yoga for hips...oh dear.

YogaByCandace and starslight like this

My pose for this challenge is bird of paradise, so I'll working on balance, hip opening and flexibility. I would like to straighten the leg one day!

Capture the moment to take the picture will be a big issue, but that's the reason I've chosen this pose :lol:

I did initially think I would be choosing handstand, but because I am squeezing this project into already very full days, I have found that I'm not getting warmed up properly for handstands. 5 minutes really isn't enough and I feel an injury waiting to happen. So I have changed my best laid plans and am now going to focus on balancing in crow for longer. For some reason I don't feel I need as much of a warm up for crow. I don't know why, because it seems to use similar muscles. If I'm wrong can someone please intervene before I end up in a neck brace  :53:

Thanks!

YogaByCandace likes this

I did initially think I would be choosing handstand, but because I am squeezing this project into already very full days, I have found that I'm not getting warmed up properly for handstands. 5 minutes really isn't enough and I feel an injury waiting to happen. So I have changed my best laid plans and am now going to focus on balancing in crow for longer. For some reason I don't feel I need as much of a warm up for crow. I don't know why, because it seems to use similar muscles. If I'm wrong can someone please intervene before I end up in a neck brace  :53:

Thanks!

No, you're likely okay. I mean, I probably wouldn't advise not warming up - a warm up is always a good idea - but men generally have enough upper body strength that they won't tip forward and instead with push back thereby landing them on their feet. Much better choice than handstand if you haven't got time for a good warm up!  :54:

Robbie likes this

I'll be working on my handstand  :27: It's coming, but it's not, like, here to stay (yet). 

I love how you phrased that.  That is how I feel about my forearm stand! I can do it without a wall 50% of the time but I just cant trust it to always happen and to last.  I am really hoping for the same feeling of "anywhere, anytime, no fear" that i have with headstand.  

YogaByCandace likes this

I got into my headstand without the wall yesterday, WOOT! But, I'm finding it harder to do so in a supported headstand. Is that one more difficult due to the arms being closer to the body? I've got a pretty good handle on the tuck and roll though! :1: My BF was very impressed, lol.