YogaByCandace

March Yoga Project

61 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! 

I think the March project is going great for me! First of all as I said in a previous post here, since February I had a sciatica pain and my orthopedist was also worried about a probable sacroiliac joint inflamation (I have rheumatoid arthritis), so I was on medication for 20 days and really focused on hip opening exercises. This past week I feel really good... definate improvement, the pain has almost disappeared for good! 
So first of all I want to thank Candace once more for her helpful instructions and videos! I really feel that yoga played a huge part in this!

You are a true inspiration!!

The poses I have chosen are Dancer's pose (I have accomplished mermaid variation in the right side) and Crow (finally my arms don't hurt so much when my knees touch them). 
However the other day, while doing the suggested practice of the day, I came across Forearm Headstand.. never really had any success with it before (i guess due to lack of core strength), but I decided to give it a go once more.. to my surprise, I was able to do it better than any other time, so these past days I added it to the daily practice... 

I always practice near the wall, to feel safe and this was me today... 

Candace I hope I've done it right... any corrections are welcome!

post-640-0-29465000-1426874895_thumb.jpg

post-640-0-29072500-1426877075_thumb.gif

Candace I hope I've done it right... any corrections are welcome!

Looks fantastic! I love it! Great job and more importantly, I'm so happy to hear you're experiencing less pain!! May you continue to move toward being totally pain-free. So happy for you!  :54:

Vicky likes this

Hi Candace and everybody,

greetings from Germany where it is a nice and warm spring day. I just had an idea for a new month project - inspired by springtime which is detox time ;-) Maybe a project with asanas that help the detox organs, many postures with twists, stretches for the meridians that help the detox organs, some practices for a good sweat (skin as detox organ), maybe some of your great recipes, some tea recommendations and so on. Maybe including some "mind detox", this word just came to my mind ;-) Or including something like "one day without chocolate/cigarette etc./per week", a little bit like a fasting cure. 

I love your projects although I cannot really follow them as I would like to, due to some chronic pain issues and fatigue. But I do the best I can and I always feel better after practice or meditation and I think that is what it is about :-) 

Hi Candace and everybody,

greetings from Germany where it is a nice and warm spring day. I just had an idea for a new month project - inspired by springtime which is detox time ;-) Maybe a project with asanas that help the detox organs, many postures with twists, stretches for the meridians that help the detox organs, some practices for a good sweat (skin as detox organ), maybe some of your great recipes, some tea recommendations and so on. Maybe including some "mind detox", this word just came to my mind ;-) Or including something like "one day without chocolate/cigarette etc./per week", a little bit like a fasting cure. 

I love your projects although I cannot really follow them as I would like to, due to some chronic pain issues and fatigue. But I do the best I can and I always feel better after practice or meditation and I think that is what it is about :-) 

I like the idea of a twisting month!

YogaByCandace likes this

Last night I checked the hashtag #YBCbalance on Instagram... and I have to say I was very excited to see so many people posting pics and videos with their progress!! I think all of you are doing great!!

And since I don't feel that comfortable yet to put my progress on Insta I will do it here...  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYpJsMKv6Zg

Whoopi I've managed to do headstand.. I will post a picture to Instagram later..

I'm been having a family renunion and my sister who has just started yoga wanted to practice together. I suggested we help support each other in poses we find difficult.. So we we're doing supported inversions and with a lot of encouragement we were able to achieve tripod headstand (and lift our legs up with control). This gave us both the confidence to try normal headstand. Not quite the same result for me but loads better..

I'm so pleased with what I've achieved! yippee xx

KimK, gracej13, Vicky and 2 others like this

Last night I checked the hashtag #YBCbalance on Instagram... and I have to say I was very excited to see so many people posting pics and videos with their progress!! I think all of you are doing great!!

And since I don't feel that comfortable yet to put my progress on Insta I will do it here...  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYpJsMKv6Zg

Ah you're so awesome! thanks for sharing - looks fannnntastic! 

Whoopi I've managed to do headstand.. I will post a picture to Instagram later..

I'm been having a family renunion and my sister who has just started yoga wanted to practice together. I suggested we help support each other in poses we find difficult.. So we we're doing supported inversions and with a lot of encouragement we were able to achieve tripod headstand (and lift our legs up with control). This gave us both the confidence to try normal headstand. Not quite the same result for me but loads better..

I'm so pleased with what I've achieved! yippee xx

YAY! So happy for you! I'll check insta soon!! 

Vicky likes this

I ALWAYS keep meaning posting on here during the challenges and i never do! Seen some amazing progress from people instagram!! I've had such a difficult time with this challenge, I've never devoted much time to headstands, and I didn't think they would be so difficult! But oh my god they are!!! and today I finally managed to get up into one without the aid of a wall and hold it, i'm so happy because i seriously thought I was running out of time with this challenge! Will be posting my (short haha) headstand clip later!! xx

Vicky and YogaByCandace like this

I ALWAYS keep meaning posting on here during the challenges and i never do! Seen some amazing progress from people instagram!! I've had such a difficult time with this challenge, I've never devoted much time to headstands, and I didn't think they would be so difficult! But oh my god they are!!! and today I finally managed to get up into one without the aid of a wall and hold it, i'm so happy because i seriously thought I was running out of time with this challenge! Will be posting my (short haha) headstand clip later!! xx

Yay, congrats to you! 

gracej13 likes this

i loved seeing everyone's progress on instagram, very inspiring 

im stronger in my supported headstand...i can go into the pose easily now, so i spent most of the month piking up and down to work on my core...it's crazy because i remember when i'd get excited just to see my feet float up for a second lol

i hope to tackle forearm stand in the next few months, can't wait for the next project

also connecticut just got lucky! so excited, ive got at least one year left here  :) 

mimisouth and MrBalloonHands like this

I just wanted to share my end of the month result. I know it will get better in my daily practice. But I am shocked and very pleased with these results!! I didn't think it was possible and there were times that I had doubts that it was doing anything at all. But seeing this just proves how much hard work I put in. Thanks a lot you guys!!!!

post-689-0-51883400-1427895402_thumb.jpg

Vicky, MrBalloonHands and KimK like this