Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mimisouth

Holiday Yoga Recommendations

5 posts in this topic

I'm looking for some recommendations for yoga sequences to do on holiday.. Obviously I will be chilling and relaxing but I don't want to go 2 weeks without any yoga.. What would others recommend?

When I travel - and I know I won't have access to a mat - I tend to so sun salutations and any standing and/or balancing poses I can think of. That means I do lots of half moon, extended side angle, twists, chair pose, eagle pose and so on. Now that my practice has improved thanks to the challenges hosted here, I'll be able to include bird of paradise, grasshopper and crow pose. Headstands are a no go - I'm trying to do them without support, which means it's likely I'll fall flat on my back and I'd rather not do that if I can break something. I end up doing supine poses in bed.

I'm looking forward to everyone's suggestions as I'll finally be able to go on holiday during late March. I'd hate to lose momentum, but it know I'll have to adapt.

mimisouth likes this

I'm open to hearing other people's suggestions. I have a lot of trouble with this. I do a lot of ragdoll pose and sun salutations when I'm on travels.

mimisouth likes this

I know I should perhaps think about creating my own sequences but I would probably only do the poses that I like or think I'm any good at following videos enables me to try other poses and challenge myself.

I'm also thinking of writing out the poses of some of my favourite videos and take the written notes with me..

Reggi likes this

I travel for work a couple of days a month and I bought a yoga mat towel to take with me. I've so far only used it on carpet but it's fine for most poses and doesn't take up as much room as a yoga mat. 

I also generally have access to the internet so I do Candace's videos on my ipad. 

Reggi likes this