Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
krystaLEE37

I Think I Overexerted Myself And Got Hurt :/

6 posts in this topic

Hey all, can anybody help me out? So I think I pulled a groin muscle. Last night I was doing REALLY deep stretching and was pushing myself pretty far past my normal limits thinking 'Oh, look, I'm getting more flexible!' So I think I went way too far on a forward bend while straddling. I woke up this morning and my left side down by the groin area is absolutely killing me. Its mostly hurting in the front of my left hip.GDoes this sound like a groin strain to anybody? I woke up feeling nauseous from the pain, too. Ugh, looking for good positions to rest in today to help. Also, should I take the day off from yoga?

...the groin area is absolutely killing me. Its mostly hurting in the front of my left hip...feeling nauseous from the pain, too...., should I take the day off from yoga?

I'm no doctor, but if you want my opinion, I'd say yes. 

Hi Candace! :) I think its super awesome that you personally reply to most threads on the forum, I feel like that doesn't happen in a lot of forums. It shows that you truly do care about passing your knowledge on to others, making the world a better place! :)

So, is it possible that it is just slightly strained, or was just overstretched and not completely strained? After I was up for a few hours yesterday and getting on with the day the pain was very low. I looked up some stretches to do for a pulled groin muscle and did just those as light practice yesterday and it did seem to help. Also went and bought a new blend of my fave tea, Yogi Tea, that have herbs that are very good for antiinflammatory. I woke up this morning and feel great. I can still feel a little tightness, however. I am going to take it easy today, anyway, though. How long should I take it easy for?

Everyone is different, but I would take it easy until all pain is gone to avoid reinjury.

The last time I overextended a muscle was my hamstring muscle - not through yoga but with kickboxing. I did a class for the first time in 4 years, after starting yoga. I've become so flexible that I was too enthusiastic to kick higher than before that I overdid it. My hamstring started aching about 6 hrs later and it hurt to even walk, and when I did a forward fold, it was a sharp pain, not a muscle soreness.  It took me about a week and a half of rest until I no longer felt strained in my hamstring when I did a forward fold.   Good luck in healing!