Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
YogaMom

Core Strenght, Handstands, Crow...

1 post in this topic

Hi Candace,

first of all I want to tell you how much I like your blog. I discovered it beginning of 2015 and ever since, I enjoy your postings and challenges.

I practiced Yoga for 10 years - more or less regularly. During my two pregnancies, I hardly did any practice. Last year I discovered a Flyer from a yoga School to become a teacher, and I somehow knew, this is the way I want to go.

Some time ago, we did a Partner excersice in the teacher Training, which was about handstands. First we did this L-Handstand alone on the wall, and I really found it hard to straighten my legs there. Then we had a Partner supporting us, while we tried to go into full Handstand. It was very hard for me, though someone was Holding my leg and supported me. I do not know if it is lack of arm or core strength or why I was not able to do this exercise the way it "should" have been.

I also discovered that it is hard for me to do any armbalance. I really practiced a lot to do crow pose, but I cannot hold that asana for more than 2 breaths, if at all.

Further, I really do not think I will ever do headstand, it just does not feel right for me.

I know, it is all a Progress, but do you have any tip for me how to Train those things? I am currently doing your strength challenge, however it is quite hard to practice every day (with two Kids 1,5 and 3 years, a half time Job, a husband, household and the teacher Training, time is rare currently) - but I try to practice at least 4 days a week. Anything you could advice me to work on? Do I Need to build up more arm strength or is it really my core I have to work on?

Looking Forward for your answer!
Bettina

melinda and Ayala like this