Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PaulaH

Silicone-Free Products

2 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! 

I'd like to ask you guys about your experiences with using silicone-free hair products. How was your transition, how long did it take your hair to adapt? Did any of you go back to silicone products? I have heard people swear by silicone-free products, and then there are some who went back to silicones because their hair was completely brittle and dry. I'm interested in your stories!

Ok, I am just going to answer my own question ;)  You guys, I now swear by silicone- and sulfate-free hair care products. Since March, I've exclusively used natural hair care products and I've noticed a significant improvement in overall hair health. It took me a few months to find products that work well for me, but it was worth it. Hair is much shinier and healthy-looking, grows much more evenly, has less breakage/dryness at the ends, and interestingly my dirty blond hair even looks lighter at the roots (the irony here is that I've been coloring my hair for the last 10 years to get a honey-hued shade of medium/dark blonde, which - guess what - is my natural hair color anyway <_< ). As it is, I can strongly recommend giving natural hair products a chance, or trying the no-poo method, which I did for about a month and LOVED as well (hair now needs only 1 washing per week).

I've been loving products by a Swedish company called Harologi (www.harologi.se/),

which are kinda hard to find even in Europe, but they are AMAZING  :54: If anyone else here has experience with their products PLEASE let me know, I am dying to hear from other users! 

Kerri likes this