Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anahata

Crow Pose, Crane, Bakasana Numerous Teachings

3 posts in this topic

YBC Crow Pose
Crow Pose … How to do crow pose … 

YBC Common Mistakes in Crow Pose
common mistakes in crow pose … , learning how to do crow pose was a pivotal moment in my personal yo ga practice. All of the sudden...

Thank you for posting such a thorough deconstruction of bakasana! I especially liked the last video, I think I'm going to change my approach and really work on engaging the core more. I've already got the lolasana practice from yoga journal pinned on pinterest, it's a pose that intrigues me - it doesn't look all that difficult but it's such a beast!

Thank you Anahata for this almost complete guide thorough Bakasana.

I'm actually working on the two poses you refer to: Bakasana and Lolasana.

I'm eager to start flying so I've been searching for how-to tutorials trying to keep mind notes of all the tips and the main tip I found in almost all the tutorials is: core strength.

So, the main conclusion to me is: trying to perform Bakasana is good but it's pointless (and my be dangerous) if you don't take in mind you have to build your core strength.

Said so, I think the best approach would be to structure your practice to build core strength first like the links below and the try to perform Bakanasa.

Yoga for core strength 

Yoga sequence for core strength 

(Candace has videos about this topic too, but I prefer following images than videos)

That's where Lolasana came. It is a challenging pose. I couldn't perform it more than 1 breath!!! Or to be more precise: I forgot to breath were trying to do it.

Those two are my challenge poses at the moment. I want to master Lolasana because it is a really challenging pose and with that build core strength to go for Bakasana.