Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KelliAlaska

Yoga Clothes

10 posts in this topic

So in my newbie status I have hardly any yoga clothes and for that matter hardly any moo-la!! Where can I find good yoga clothes, specifically bottoms on the cheap, cheap? And I mean ridiculously cheap...I'm broke  :43:

yogajedi likes this

I'm in Australia and our Target has really good activewear really affordable. Kmart's clothes are good, too. Have you got department stores like that which have an activewear section? You're definitely not alone, in fact, I've only got a few decent brands of yoga gear - and I always get them either in some amazing sale or I request them for birthdays and Christmas. I'd have to say most of the students in my classes wear very plain leggings and tshirts or singlets and it's pretty rare I see the amazing prints and brands.

Also, you could possibly scour ebay or similar for some second hand ones. I've found a few goodies there - people buy or are given even Lululemons in the wrong size, never wear them, and then sell them super cheap!

For what it's worth, I do yoga in running shorts - I've been known to practice in an old pair of my father's swimming trunks when I've failed to do laundry on a timely fashion. I practice at home, so the only ones who see me are my cats (and it's not like they thought highly of me to begin with). I just bought the cheapest pair I could find and they've served me well all this time.

I'm not sure if I'll ever get a pair of yoga trousers - they are so tight they make me feel self-conscious about my body, which is the polar opposite of what I hope to achieve with my yoga practice. At the end of the day I believe that being comfortable is the most important thing when it comes to yoga gear.

All of Jasmine's suggestions are great! If you have a J.C. Penny watch for the $10 off of $25 coupon. They have some cute athletic clothes that are pretty affordable with the coupons, especially if it is paired with the sale price. Old Navy has some cute stuff sometimes too. I've found some really good deals at TJ Maxx as well as the outlet malls if you have one near you. I'm a budget shopper so I'm always checking out sale racks and clearance sections on websites! Happy Shopping!

KelliAlaska, Jasmine and yogajedi like this

For what it's worth, I do yoga in running shorts - I've been known to practice in an old pair of my father's swimming trunks when I've failed to do laundry on a timely fashion. I practice at home, so the only ones who see me are my cats (and it's not like they thought highly of me to begin with). I just bought the cheapest pair I could find and they've served me well all this time.

I'm not sure if I'll ever get a pair of yoga trousers - they are so tight they make me feel self-conscious about my body, which is the polar opposite of what I hope to achieve with my yoga practice. At the end of the day I believe that being comfortable is the most important thing when it comes to yoga gear.

I tried my running shorts and the fabric made it really uncomfortable to do most of the poses. But I love your suggestions. I just need to sort through my clothes and find the ones that I can use. Thanks  :lol:

yogajedi likes this

I've gotten a couple of things on Amazon from Yoga Clothing for You and I really like their stuff so far. The clothing is really comfortable, and it fits!

On Amazon the under $25 option is my fav.

yogajedi likes this

I'm a big ebay and amazon shopper! I found quite a few exceptional bargains on ebay. My favorite brands and sizes are saved in my search and every so often I get on there and take a peak. Sometimes I find some really good buys!

yogajedi likes this

I am definitely always looking for a deal for athletic wear for yoga.  Sometimes I just by some basic tights and tank tops from Wal-mart.  I actually just bought a bunch of yoga pants from Zulily.  They have some great deals on yoga apparel.  Down side to it...it is something you sign up for and get daily emails on their deals of the day (from baby clothing to home decor) and to get the deals they get they bulk order from the companies so once they have enough orders they will ship yours so I had to wait a bit for my stuff to arrive but it was worth it getting a nice pair of yoga pants for $17 when they are normally sold for $55.  The brand of yoga pants was Marika, not sure how well known they are but the pants are really comfortable for me :)

EricaKaye and YogaByCandace like this