YogaByCandace

April Yoga Project

72 posts in this topic

hello everyone, I had chosen the camel pose and the wheel pose for the february backbend project, but at the end of that month I hadn't done a lot progress, but continuing to play with the poses on this month project again made them much better, with no expectations will go on to the end of this month.

and for the next 2 weeks I will work on my standing forward bends basic one ,wide legged one and on the sited forward bends too. 

and I will keep working on them in next challenge too.

one more thing I wish there was yoga emojis too ,it would be funny...

Justforyou,

Here is a few more for the list.....Enjoy!  :24:

:Crow-Pose:  :Up-Dog:

:Down-Dog:  :Warrior:  :Warrior2:

I need help!!!

Last month I did great with the yoga challenge, I was on top of my game every day!! This month I have barely practiced. It's not the challenge itself more than me being lazy and having so much other stuff to do. I feel like I just don't have time with work, cleaning house, running errands, and sleep. I want to get up early to do things but I don't feel rested and I know that I just won't have time if I don't wake up early and get it done. But then I feel like doodoo everyday when I don't do my yoga, like I have no energy. When I feel like this it makes me not want to do anything even more, it's a vicious cycle that I don't know how to break out of.  

On top of that none of my friends are really into yoga or working out and neither is my husband. I have tried but neither will budge. 

Help me get out of this slump I'm in!

I need help!!!

Last month I did great with the yoga challenge, I was on top of my game every day!! This month I have barely practiced. It's not the challenge itself more than me being lazy and having so much other stuff to do. I feel like I just don't have time with work, cleaning house, running errands, and sleep. I want to get up early to do things but I don't feel rested and I know that I just won't have time if I don't wake up early and get it done. But then I feel like doodoo everyday when I don't do my yoga, like I have no energy. When I feel like this it makes me not want to do anything even more, it's a vicious cycle that I don't know how to break out of.  

On top of that none of my friends are really into yoga or working out and neither is my husband. I have tried but neither will budge. 

Oh I feel for you! I've definitely been there. It sounds like maybe there's just a lot going on right now for you? Do to-do lists work for you? Or maybe see if there's a way your husband can share some of the things you need to get done so you have a little more free time to practice? Setting an alarm a little early is a good idea too but I'd always recommend getting quality sleep over practicing yoga because running on low sleep feels awful (to me, anyway). Hmm, I'll keep thinking..

Can you commit to practice for 10 minutes per day?

The days I don't want to practice are the days I most need to.. So I made a promise to myself to practice for at least 10 minutes even if I don't want to.. Maybe just 10 savasana.. Every time it was worth it and more often than not I think ooh I will just do a few stretches too. Then you realise why you fell in love with yoga in the first place!

Vicky,

We are actually working on it right now. Just got back home late last night from the :ybc-logo: Costa Rica Yoga Retreat. Thanks for your patience and it should be up today. 

Cheers!  :cheers:

femmefatalekris and Vicky like this

I just registered for the forum, never quite noticed so many people are doing the challenge! I've been doing the March and April challenges and I love it so much! It really gives me the motivation to hop on the mat every day. For both the projects I've been working on dancer's pose, because balance is not my greatest strength. Thank you so much for the great schedules Candace!

My instructor at class today mentioned that we get flighty in springtime, and so grounding poses are good. This resonated with me, because my focus has been shot recently, in more ways than just yoga. I've been modifying the schedule for this challenge, but honestly I haven't been working with focus on my chosen pose. Neverthless, my flexibility has improved a lot this month. My heels floated down simple as you please in downward dog this morning, as if it wasn't a new achievement or anything, and what a difference it makes! It was much more grounded and comfortable than it's ever been for me before. And my hand found my toes in the one legged forward bend where you twist the torso up and over. Having my hand not floating out in space was just what I needed, and I was astonished it was available to me. Now hopefully I can be equally open and focused at work this week!

Vicky and YogaByCandace like this

I need help!!!

I am solo with my yoga practice as well.  These challenges definitely help me stay more consistent with my practice but I noticed last month I barely practiced.  I kind of complained to my husband about it and was trying to find a way to commit to my practice everyday.  This month everyday he asks "Did you do your yoga today?"  One day I was driving home from work and told him I was going to go home and start up my yoga practice for the day and when he came home he sees me sitting on the couch and asks "Thought you were going to be working on your yoga?" It got me up and moving.  He may not work out with me but he backs me up and pushes me because he knows that I get bummed when I miss it and have not practiced for a few days.  I also bought a small pocket calendar where I write down what I worked on that day, what my struggles and victories were.  It is fun to look back and see "I got up in crow pose for 1 second today!" And I can see what I did for the week and definitely do not like to see my week less than half full of entries, and when every day is filled it is exciting.

justforyoga and YogaByCandace like this

I finally signed up for direct debit at my local yoga studio so I can go regularly. I'm also doing another fitness challenge so I'm sort of doing half that and half this one so I figured signing up to the studio will help me a lot with both challenges because I can go to endless warm/hot classes to loosen up those muscles. 

I go to a beginner's class with my husband on Tuesdays and he piked on me the other day and I still tagged along alone and the instructor said students had been requesting some more difficult postures and suggested we try crow, I flew up straight into it and held it while the other - quite regular - students fumbled and fell on their faces! While that was me just a few months ago lol, I'm really impressed with the online videos Candace because I can see how far my own practice has come even without the physical help from an instructor standing right in front of me. And all for free!! Thank you  :wub:

YogaByCandace and yogafire like this

Week 3 was quite hard for me... my joint pain from rheumatoid arthritis kicked in again and didn't want to push myself, although I practiced 5 times that week. So I didn't take any photos of my progress because I barely practiced my chosen poses.
Week 4 is going a lot better! I'm finally touching my heels on the ground regularly in Down Dog (go hamstrings!!) and my right split is almost going down! On Saturday I managed to do Mermaid variation in pigeon pose for the first time in my life!!! Woo-hoo!!!! My boyfriend was with me in the living room watching tv and I was like "watch me!! I've never done that before!!" (in quite a screaming voice...hahaha). He really likes it when I work out, because he is so used of seeing me in pain! And since I've started Candace's challenges in February, he always compliments me and congratulates me when he sees me practice! I also got him to try a Downward God too.... for like 1 second...  :P

Thank you Candace once more for everything you do for us! And I hope you get well very soon, since I saw on Instagram that you strained your leg!

split%20week2-4.jpg
mermaid%20pose.jpg

I'm loving reading about everyone's progress and experience and hear your tips for staying motivated!! So happy for you all!!! I haven't practiced in a few days because I twisted my ankle while in New York and literally haven't left the couch in three days. Really doing a number on me, actually, I feel really bummed out because what I love more than anything is being a go-go-go kind of person, getting up early, buzzing around the house, working at my desk, and then running off to the gym in the afternoon for a break, doing my errands, and coming home to work a bit more. Being confined to the house is brutal for me. :(

Yvonne, Vicky, Jasmine and 1 other like this

I'm loving reading about everyone's progress and experience and hear your tips for staying motivated!! So happy for you all!!! I haven't practiced in a few days because I twisted my ankle while in New York and literally haven't left the couch in three days. Really doing a number on me, actually, I feel really bummed out because what I love more than anything is being a go-go-go kind of person, getting up early, buzzing around the house, working at my desk, and then running off to the gym in the afternoon for a break, doing my errands, and coming home to work a bit more. Being confined to the house is brutal for me. :(

I hope you feel better and heal quickly!!!  I know how tough it is to injure oneself.  Hopefully you will heal fast and well, especially since you already take good care of yourself and exercise regularly!  I hope you feel better tomorrow.  Good wishes!

YogaByCandace likes this

OOhh Candace I can feel your pain, on last December 2014 I twisted my ankle too , it was too hard , I thanked God it didn't break . 

on February I started to practice with you yoga -( before it I had stopped practicing for 2 years because of other health issues)- I couldn't even sit in child's pose 

,but i kept practicing, on march it got a better but I took a 10 day off yoga because my knees started making sounds while walking and than continued practicing for 2 to 3 times a week instead of 5 to 6 times. 

now my ankle is much more better, It takes a lot time to heel but in seconds one can get harmed or injured ...

my knees are better but I still practice 3 times only .... its more safe for me...

hope you'll get better soon . :smileys-flowers-719593:

That's amazing progress. So glad you shared your experience on how some days it may seem like there isn't any progress. But, your body is still benefiting from that attempt because it certainly comes out in the last picture!

Rachel likes this

Great work, everyone! I'm so happy to see your photos here and on instagram and hear feedback on how it went for you! I'm so proud of your efforts!!! 

Final post from the 30th day of the April project which was very pleasant for me!

I might not have mastered the splits yet (I will continue working on them though), but I'm really happy that I can now regularly put my heels on the ground on Down Dog, I can finally twist & bind in sitted spinal twist (I've been practising this move for like 5 yeas on and off and never even couldn't put my hand inside the "hole" of the legs) and feel that I have had a good overall progress!!

The pose I find the most progress in is forward fold... where I can now touch my head to my legs and give those homstrings a good stretch!

forward%20fold.jpg
7.jpg
6_1.jpg
1_1.jpg

Now off to May!!! 
MrBalloonHands likes this