Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mrsjoe24

Joints

3 posts in this topic

Hello!

I'm fairly new at my yoga practice. Quite dedicated. I may take one day off but rarely two. But I keep it simple on the days I practice. A 30 minute video or currently working through the April hip opener routines. Really just trying to focus on making sure I'm doing things right. 

I've always had joint issues. Mainly hip and knee. But especially since starting the April routine (srsly, it's been two days) all my joints are talking to me a bit...wrists, elbows, knees quite loudly. (Thankfully my hips are feeling nice though! :))

It's not pain but it's uncomfortable---and it's hanging around. I'm doing all my restorative methods to help my joints calm back down and cooperate but I'm curious if anyone else has dealt with this before.

I'm wondering if it's just my muscles/tendons getting used to me doing the work or if maybe there's something I'm missing/doing wrong? I know it's hard to say without seeing my practice but any advice is mucho appreciated. :) 

Thanks!!

YogaByCandace and yogajedi like this

It could just be your body getting used to all the work you're doing, though it's tough to say for sure, especially if you do have a consistent, regular practice. Have you tried something like an epsom salt bath? That's really nice for joints. 

mrsjoe24 and yogajedi like this

I think you're right. I took the day off since I was feeling weird. Today I woke up much better. Just completed day 3's routine and so far I feel excellent. But I am going to slide into an epsom salt bath with my relaxation essential oils to double up on good things today. :D 

yogajedi likes this