Curupira

Another Pregnancy Yoga Question

2 posts in this topic

I found out I'm pregnant. A happy and unexpected surprise. I have been practicing yoga for a few years, initially as a way to recover physically from my first pregnancy and then just as a part of life. I would very much like to continue my practice throughout my pregnancy (with the blessing of my doctor). I am however scarce on resources. I have looked for classes and workshops in my physical community but have been unable to find a yoga studio or community center with a certified prenatal yoga instructor. I was hoping you might know where I should look next, or any advice would be great.

I am very early into my first trimester, and would like to keep a regular practice going as long as possible, and be able to make modifications as my body changes.

Thank you so much

Christina

Vicky and YogaByCandace like this

Christina, congrats on your pregnancy! I would look on youtube  - I'm sure there are some prenatal classes you could follow along to there. I wish I could make one for you but I'm not certified in prenatal yoga so I don't really know what I'm doing there. You might also want to try your local library - sometimes they have DVDs or an interlibrary loan program where you could get prenatal DVDs to follow along to. All the best! xo