Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iamgracey

Child's Pose

8 posts in this topic

Probably one of the easiest poses for most people, but it is so tough for me. My butt can never touch my heels, tight hips maybe? And usually I feel so out of place when everyone is blissfully resting in this pose. I wonder if any of the folks here have the same problem as me ?

KimK and YogaByCandace like this

Probably one of the easiest poses for most people, but it is so tough for me. My butt can never touch my heels, tight hips maybe? And usually I feel so out of place when everyone is blissfully resting in this pose. I wonder if any of the folks here have the same problem as me ?

This is actually pretty common, so don't worry, you're not alone :) I would suggest rolling a blanket and putting it between the legs so your hips can rest on that. Heres an example

I have a hard time with child's pose too. I struggle with making my backside and heels meet too but I also struggle with having a hard time breathing while in the pose. I'll try the blanket for the bottom half. Thanks Candace.

I'm so much more comfortable in wide legged child's pose, how about giving it a try? It gives you more space to breathe and your butt can glide down between your calves. It might be a problem if you have tight hips, though.

yogagrammy and YogaByCandace like this

This is a really common problem, so don't feel out of place. 

Another option that may help is resting your forehead on a block or on top of your fists stacked on top of one another. This can add some height and let your head and neck relax.

YogaByCandace likes this

I never reach my butt to my heels, even in a wider child's pose (hips more than hip width apart, toes touching). I focus on relaxing my hips, wrists, back, and neck. If that feels comfortable, I figure I'm giving my body the break it needs right now! I did a video class recently in which the teacher suggested keeping hands and arms active in child's pose, but since I'm often giving my wrists a break from down dog and planks, I didn't feel like it helped me much? It may be worth trying to see if it works for you, though.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with those same issues. My butt doesn't quite touch my heels, I have a little trouble breathing (larger busted) and sometimes I have to really work at getting my shoulders and arms to feel comfortable. I thought this was supposed to be a relaxing pose and it seems like I struggle to feel relaxed!