iamgracey

What's In Your Makeup Pouch?

23 posts in this topic

I thought it might be interesting to see what the ladies here have in their makeup pouch, let's share all the good stuff here!

Here's mine:

Laneige BB Cushion - One of my favorite Korean brands, works as a BB cream and foundation. Very handy for the lazy me!

Laura Mercier Concealer

Urban Decay Eye Primer

Too Faced ''Better than Sex" mascara

Too Faced "Melted" Lip Gloss - Love their packaging!

Stila Waterproof Eye liner - Holy grail!

The Face Shop eyebrow gel - Another Korean brand which is reasonable and good.

:)

Jilliebabe likes this

Best topic ever! I love makeup!

Laura Mercier Concealer

nars orgasm blush

nars laguna bronzer (sometimes I switch it up w Bobbi Brown)

Stila liner (lionfish was my fave color!) on top

A white liner for the bottom lids 

Bobbi Brown foundation

some MAC mascara I picked up at an airport (still haven't found a great mascara, I swear I have tried them all...anyone?)

and sometimes I get brave and venture into lipsticks- MAC RED and snob are my favorites 

Jilliebabe likes this

Hmmm!!

Rimmel WonderFull Mascara

Physician's Formula Organic Jumbo Mascara

Bourjois Kohl Eyeliner

Benefit They're Real Eyeliner

Nature Republic Lip Crayon (Korean Brand)

Bourjois Powder

Maybelline Matte BB Cream.

Lip Gloss from Marks and Spencer

Jilliebabe likes this

Well, that depends!!  Today I'm carrying It Cosmetics Celebration Illumination Powder Foundation in 'Fair'.  It is great for sheer coverage where you need it and best applied with a brush.  I also apply under my eyes with a brush to hide dark circles and it works like a charm without looking heavy 'cause we don't need any enhancement of fine  lines now do we? :-)  Also using Maybeline BabyLips lip balm.  Love the sheerness of the colors. And for a little extra sass I apply a little Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie lip gloss in 'Fashionably Late'.  It has a really pretty opaline sheen over other colors or alone.  I also used a dark bronze-brown liner pencil from Mally Cosmetics to line the inner rims.  It gives a cool smoky look but not as harsh as a black.  Can you tell I used to work in the industry?? LOL!!  As for MASCARA.....(since Candace mentioned it) I am always looking for the perfect one.  Right now I've gone back to an old fav:  Great Lash Waterproof in black although it's not the ultimate I just refuse to pay a lot for something that you should throw away every 3 to 4 months so I'll keep trying new drugstore brands on the the great hunt.  :-)  I always have a large collection of brands that I'm experimenting with.  One of my favorite makeup gurus can be found at lisaeldridge.com.  She is a well-known British makeup artist and has great videos on Youtube with all product info.  Love her!! 

YogaByCandace likes this

I've been looking for a great eyeliner - any consensus??

I use Nars Orgasm blush and Benefit They're Real Mascara.

This is the best mascara ever. Really!

I really like Stila's waterproof eyeliner. My eyelids are very oily and not a lot of the eyeliners are able to not make me look like a panda. Glad that I found stila which work so well for me.

Like so many of you, I'm still looking for a great mascara! What every I buy I always put a drop or two of Lavender Essential Oil in the tube. It helps condition my lashes and also helps with my allergies. I don't usually wear much make up but I do usually put on a little mascara, eye liner and maybe a little lipstick.

YogaByCandace likes this

I really like Stila's waterproof eyeliner. My eyelids are very oily and not a lot of the eyeliners are able to not make me look like a panda. Glad that I found stila which work so well for me.

I second this! Stila is really great. I do their waterproof eyeliner (that purple color is gorgeous & I love lion fish too). 

Like so many of you, I'm still looking for a great mascara! What every I buy I always put a drop or two of Lavender Essential Oil in the tube. It helps condition my lashes and also helps with my allergies. I don't usually wear much make up but I do usually put on a little mascara, eye liner and maybe a little lipstick.

Oooo I love lavender essential oil! Great idea for the eyelashes, I'm going to try that. 

yogagrammy likes this

I think the best mascara is Shiseido's Perfect Mascara Defining Volume. I swear I've tried every mascara and this is the only one I will use now! They make my eyelashes long and full and it stays on all day.

YogaByCandace likes this

I am really picky about my mascara, it has to curl well and not be too sticky...the list goes on. Recently I really like TooFaced Better Than Sex mascara. It's a cool wand that curls and gives length! I also use their chocolate bronzer. It smells like chocolate...yummm. 

I have the benefit They're Real mascara as well and I like it but it doesn't curl my lashes as well as the TooFaced one. 

YogaByCandace likes this

I'm definitely no make-up expert, but I went into a make-up store about a month ago and I was looking for a good quality mascara because, unfortunately, I do not like going a day without mascara (blessed with light complexion and hair color). I asked for a mascara that had less chemicals since I'm trying to make more conscious decisions about what I'm exposing my body to! The employee told me about the make-up line, Pur (it has the two dots above the 'u' but I'm not sure how to get that letter in here!). It's awesome! It has argan oil in it to condition lashes as well as making my lashes look long and full! I think it was $18 where I bought it so a little more expensive, but totally worth it, I believe!

My mom bought eye shadow and liquid liner from them, which I steal because I like them so much!

@kjerstena - that is really good to know :) my eyes are *really* sensitive so I was hoping someone would have recommendations that would align with that need :) going to look for this at Ulta!

YogaByCandace and kjerstena like this

I'm definitely no make-up expert, but I went into a make-up store about a month ago and I was looking for a good quality mascara because, unfortunately, I do not like going a day without mascara (blessed with light complexion and hair color). I asked for a mascara that had less chemicals since I'm trying to make more conscious decisions about what I'm exposing my body to! The employee told me about the make-up line, Pur (it has the two dots above the 'u' but I'm not sure how to get that letter in here!). It's awesome! It has argan oil in it to condition lashes as well as making my lashes look long and full! I think it was $18 where I bought it so a little more expensive, but totally worth it, I believe!

My mom bought eye shadow and liquid liner from them, which I steal because I like them so much!

This is awesome, I love aragan oil, so I want to try! Thanks for sharing :)

Does it need to be lavender oil?

Would another essential oil work as well?

Does it need to be lavender oil?

Would another essential oil work as well?

I have only used lavender oil. Some oils may not be ok for around the eyes. I also use lavender on my hands and cupped over my eyes to help with my allergies. I wouldn't recommend other oils without checking into it first.

Oooh I'm so glad Mascara is getting a front row seat here as I lost my favourite (Plush Lash by Mac, which I bought in Shanghai) and I'm on a fallback Mac mascara (the one with two different tubes to unscrew depending on the effect you want, can't remember what it is called?) 

Anyway I am officially stealing the lavender essential oil tip and I am hoping to try the Pur brand mentioned... Candace I feel like with German heritage you might know what Alt + code is needed to get an umlaut (the u with the dots on top, right?)

Hope so, cause I really want to google them asap!

My make up bag spills into three or more - now I get little bags and separate into Foundations/Concealer products and Lips, Eyes and Cheeks so I dont have to take some huge bag to the bathroom.  I might even split out into an essentials bag too! Does anyone else do this or am I just a bit odd?

Anyway:

Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation (Light)

Bobbi Brown Luminous Moisturising Treatment Foundation

Korres Lip Butters (lots of different ones but Pomegranate is my fave, i LOVE Korres products)

Laura Mercier Eyebrow Pot

Nars Concealer

Estee Lauder Day Wear (a clever moisturiser that adapts to skin tone and adds a little colour to my very pale skin)

I try to aim for minimal, dewy make up. Not sure if i achieve it though! haha  :D

Alexax

p.s. love this forum!

I try to keep it natural - the look and the contents. 

La Roche Posay concealer and in winter La Roche Posay foundation

Tromborg mascara (Tromborg is a danish natural brand. The mascara is medium in length and curve and most importantly, my eyes do´n get itchy when I wear it).

Tromborg eye brow "mascara"

Clinique khôl

Occasionally Clinique eye shadow

I'm also a lover of They're Real mascara!!

I use:

ELF primer (a makeup artist once told me that all primers are the same thing, so I haven't paid for the expensive stuff since!)

Nars Sheer Glow Foundation

Julep gel glider eyeliner pencil

an eyelash curler, because my eyelashes are stick straight!

Benefit They're Real mascara

ELF eyebrow kit

I'm kind of nuts about lip products, so I vary between:

Revlon Matte Balm

Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede

Maybelline Baby Lips

Lancome gloss

Smashbox gloss

CO Bigelow balm

I have oily eyelids and all mascara smudge on me...except tubing ones, and they are the only ones I will use now.  I like Kevyn Aucoin's and L'Oreal's double extension beauty tubes.  Not only do they never smudge, they are super easy to remove.  You just wet them a bit a lightly rub downwards on your lashes and the tubes just slide right off like little black squigglies. They can be tricky to apply because they are quite wet and clumpy at first, but once you get the knack it's a set it and forget it thing.

Otherwise, I use either Nars radiant creamy concealer or RMS uncoverup, Bobbi Brown or Maybelline dream fresh BB cream (the latter is surprisingly good!), Nars Orgasm blush, and RMS buriti bronzer as eye shadow. I'll use whatever felt tip black eyeliner I have to hand, although I quite like the Bourjois triple dot one.  On my lips I switch out lots of things, but regularly use Korres lip butter in rose for a tint, or Urban Decay Mrs Mia Wallace which is the best red lipstick ever created.

I can vouch for Pur too. I have their foundation and tinted moisturiser (I swap between the two depending on coverage needed.) I buy it from Marks and Spencer (UK). I'm definitely going to try their mascara as I havent found a more natural one I like yet, thank you Kjerstena!

I also use:

Becca cream blusher

Nars Laguna bronzer

Max Factor 2000 calorie mascara

Bobbi Brown eyeshadow in blonde (to fill my patchy eyebrows in!)

Bobbi Brown cream eye shadows and gel eyeliner for special occasions

I have oily eyelids and all mascara smudge on me...except tubing ones, and they are the only ones I will use now.  I like Kevyn Aucoin's and L'Oreal's double extension beauty tubes.  Not only do they never smudge, they are super easy to remove.  You just wet them a bit a lightly rub downwards on your lashes and the tubes just slide right off like little black squigglies. They can be tricky to apply because they are quite wet and clumpy at first, but once you get the knack it's a set it and forget it thing.

ME!!! What type of eyeliner do you use, I can never find one that doesn't smudge b/c of my oily eyelids? Are tubes fake eyelashes?