Zk433

Pregnancy

4 posts in this topic

Just curious, what poses are not suitable for pregnancy? I have only just started yoga and I've been exercising daily for the past 3 weeks, but would also like to have another baby. So I'm checking beforehand if there are poses that could endanger early pregnancy. Obviously as the belly grows, there will different challenges, but for now I'm just wondering about the first trimester.

I will ask my yoga teacher as well next week, but thought I'd ask here first.

Thank you.

I have been wondering about this as well because I really enjoy practicing yoga.  I am not planning on becoming pregnant very soon, but maybe within a year, so I am all about being prepared.  Google seems to be my go to for things (not always a good thing but always a place to start for me)  I came across this article:

http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/What-Avoid-Yoga-When-Pregnant-22617147

Seems simple and a lot of it makes sense.  Depending on what your yoga teacher says I would still see about talking to your doctor.  Whenever I am looking into a new workout routine they always seem to suggest to consult with your doctor before trying.  I hope this helps :)

Hi,

I've not been here for few months because... I'm pregnant. Who would have thought? :)

I'm 21 weeks now and was feeling pretty rough until about week 16, so there was no yoga for me. I was glad to just survive, doing anything with my body was unthinkable. But I feel like I'm ready to get back to it now, before things get too big and awkward.

The link above talks about things to avoid but I was wondering if Candace could do a post (or video?) about simple pregnancy yoga flow - things I could actually do? I googled few things but there is no flow in my practice and I keep doubting myself - am I supposed to be doing this, that or the other? There are no pregnancy yoga classes where I live, or not during the time I could attend anyway. So I'm on my own. And I guess there might be some youtube videos but I came to trust Candace so she is my first port of call.

I definitely need to do something because I feel like I'm 'shrinking', as in any flexibility I had before is gone, I'm slouching, have no energy. I cannot run or even walk fast so any cardio is out of question for me so yoga must be my saviour!

Thank you.

Other yoga teachers I follow on youtube have videos specifically for pregnancy. Hope these help you guys out!

Here's Adriene's description of her whole prenatal program