Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jasmine

Shoes. Possibly Weird Question.

6 posts in this topic

What type of shoes do you all wear when going to and from a yoga class in the cold weather? I'm in Australia so, of course, we all just wear flip flops (or "thongs" as we call them  :lol: ) to and from the studio during Summer but it's getting so cold so I've been wearing my runners with thick socks to and from class but the problem is they take so long to get on and off and I hold everyone up in the tiny hallway trying to get ready - just to explain it's an incredibly small studio with limited space and you just sort of throw your bag in the small area provided and chuck your shoes down with it and head into the room. They all still seem to be wearing flip flops or sandals (a couple in slippers but...just..no) my feet would freeze!!

I can't even imagine what it must be like in other parts of the world, what does everyone else wear?

YogaByCandace and EricaKaye like this

I wore lined slip on boots all winter (like an UGGS type). Not the most fashionable look sometimes but they were warm and easy to get off and on! If I wore capri leggings I'd throw leg warmers on to cover the gap between boot and pants. Once the snow and mud were gone I wore TOMS and now it is finally warm enough for flip flops-yay! 

YogaByCandace, Jasmine and KimK like this

I love a good 'weird' question! (This isn't weird at all, by the way, I feel disappointed hahahahah.) ANYWAY! I wear either UGGS or sneakers that I tie loosely so they slip on and off without having to untie and tie them. I'm also a big fan of TOMS as well because they're so easy to slip on and off. Love that you guys call flip flops thongs!  :D

Jasmine and EricaKaye like this

Hahaha I'll have to come up with something really weird for next time, Candace! I have a pair of uggs, I'm also thinking because it's only Australian weather and doesn't get anywhere near the temperatures some others experience a pair of TOMS might even be okay for winter. Just as long as my feet are safe from the wet is the main thing and are covered so they're not getting ridiculously cold like when I wear my flip flops. 

I love a good 'weird' question! (This isn't weird at all, by the way, I feel disappointed hahahahah.) ANYWAY! I wear either UGGS or sneakers that I tie loosely so they slip on and off without having to untie and tie them. I'm also a big fan of TOMS as well because they're so easy to slip on and off. Love that you guys call flip flops thongs!  :D

I  wonder if my toms are the wrong size of something.  they are the worst to get on and off it's ridiculous I almost never wear them because of that.

I usually wear boots in the winter (not uggs, but same style) and sandals in the summer.