jvanhouten

Dealing With Crowded Classrooms

68 posts in this topic

Ha! It was an entertaining and also informative conservation here.  

Welcome back! You've inspired a great legacy from your suggestion on the feedback forum - Greg implemented a chat feature on the forums, so we've had some small group chat sessions (but none recently for me). Hopefully can catch you on sometime!

robert likes this

Wow, this happened ages ago! This entire thread is so embarrassing :P 

But I'm doing quite well, thanks for asking.

Edited by charly4491
incomplete
jvanhouten likes this

I thought your reactions were very interesting! But all in all it wasn't too bad, I think everyone can learn a lesson from these posts! But more importantly, did you have a rematch yet? :D:D 

That's great! At least you have a great anecdote together now! Someone recently told me that she wanted to take yoga classes, but she was afraid of packed classrooms. So it immediately reminded me of this very post! She read the whole thing and fortunately she understands that these things rarely happen :D

charly4491 likes this

Yeah, that anecdote is the worst, haha. Especially because we still keep touch with many classmates who saw us having the whole foot thing. But your friend should most definitely not be afraid of crowded classes, I'm sure there are less crowded classes and, even if it is crowded, you can always be careful about your own positioning.

xJessicax likes this

Oh right, at the time I didn't even think about the other people seeing you feet fight, that's so funny! They used to ask funny questions about your fight? And I'll also make sure I'll tell my friend not to worry :)

So Charlotte told me this thread was alive again... And of course Jessica is asking if we had a rematch or not, sigh. Don't worry, I know it's a joke ;) If your friend needs advice on crowded classrooms, I'm sure this thread had just about everything that could go wrong! Be thoughtful of your classmates in both ways, meaning: don't assume that people don't move, but don't assume that people will move either.

About those funny questions, many people actually asked if we had the same shoe size. So we would always have to show them that we did.

yogafire likes this

Oh yeah, you're so right Jvanhouten, I hate it when they ask that :P Also that one guy who insisted that we hated each other, hahaha

But yeah, the biggest mistake that happened between Jvanhouten and I with the situation was a serious lack of communication. It's important to be social and understanding of your classmates' needs, and it's equally important to tell them about your idea of comfort in a classroom.

How do you mean, show that you have the same size? Can't you just tell them you do? Crazy people, haha!
It's good to see you too jvanhouten! Name buddies ;)

4 minutes ago, xJessicax said:

How do you mean, show that you have the same size? Can't you just tell them you do? Crazy people, haha!
It's good to see you too jvanhouten! Name buddies ;)

Oh no, many people wanted us to show it to them, so we would just give each other a foot high five!

yogafire likes this

So in the end, you're sole mates after all! It was fun updating! But I'm glad for you guys that nothing awkward happened anymore, that would be really bad haha!

yogafire likes this

Hey everyone and hello Jessica and Charlotte. Sorry for bringing up the topic once more. I'm new to the forum and when I read the topic I immediately could relate because something similar happened to me in the past and it was really uncomfortable. So to both of you I say sorry you had to experience it and glad you talked it through.

But there is one thing I didn't quite understand. When your toes interlocked was it all of them that got interlocked ? Were your soles still pressed at that time? Cause I think it is impossible to do so without extreme foot flexibility from both of you. Even if it did, wouldn't be painful enough to make you stop and start talking ? I'm guessing the interlocking lasted pretty long beyond awkwardness.

Sorry again for reminding you of such memories ;)

@yogafan0014 hey Yogafan, it's been so long since I've visited this forum, so I was surprised to see your reply!

As far as I remember, our soles were indeed pressed together. It's pretty similar to when you place your own feet sole to sole, so you can probably see that it's not that impossible to interlock toes, haha! It wasn't painful at all, but indeed it was awkward, very much so... But you know the rest of the story!