Anahata

Sirsa Padasana

4 posts in this topic

I started practicing a new (to me) pose. I am looking for a teaching for Sirsa Padasana. I don’t know the English name or if there even is one. A detailed written teaching is good or if someone knows the pose and can help. I figured out the part about squeezing the feet together to gain some extension of the spine. But I feel like I am still missing something.

I am really enjoying this pose since I don't know any other pose that allow me access my backbend in this way. I am also a little concerned and cautious because of the type of pose. Any help is very much appreciated. 

I don't have anything directly to contribute to your question, as it's a far cry from where my asana practice is at, Anahata. It's a beautiful and elegant pose, though! I've seen pictures of B.K.S. Iyengar performing it during his younger years, which leads me to assume that he may provide detailed guidance in Light on Yoga...I'm at work so don't have access to it at the moment.

Thank you Kristi, I don't have that book and I should. I should let you know that I am just starting the pose so not like the fancy pictures :) my feet might come down half way to my head.

KristiSmithYoga likes this

It's a great book - like a how-to manual. Given the posts you've made on this forum, it seems like it would be right up your alley! Lol on the feet...you will get there! :)